How to make Gulab Jamun
Gulab Jamun or Gulaab Jamun is a delicious solid milk-based dessert and is popular in India and many other countries. Delicious Gulab Jamuns are made from solid milk, solid milk is milk which is reduced by the consistency of soft dough and is known as khoya. In modern cuisine delicious sweet Gulab Jamun are made from dried milk or milk powder instead of khoya. Gulab Jamuns can be garnished with finely chopped almonds and stuffed with nuts. To make gulab jamuns, soft dough is first made with dry milk, fine flour, semolina and a little baking powder, then the dough is fried on low heat and then dipped in sugar syrup. By following this gulab jamun recipe you can easily make delicious Gulab Jamuns at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 25 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
gulab jamun Ingredients
Ingredients of gulab jamun
MyDelicious Recipes-Gulab Jamun
For Gulab Jamun
|Milk Powder||9 Tablespoon||Refined Flour (Maida)||3 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Semolina (Suji)||1 1/4 Tablespoon||Baking Soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Curd||2 Tablespoon||Milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Ghee||1 Teaspoon + For Deep Frying|
For Sugar Syrup
|Sugar||250 Gram||Water||1 Cup|
|Green Cardamom||2 - 3||Rose Water||1 Tablespoon|
|Pistachio, Finely Chopped||1 Teaspoon, For Stuffing And Garnish, Optional||Raisin||For Stuffing, Optional|
|Rose Petals||For Garnish|
Let's start the recipe of Gulab Jamun
- Take a pan and add sugar, water and green cardamom and let it boil on medium heat.
- Take a large bowl and sieve milk powder, maida (refined flour), semolina and baking soda and mix well.
- Add 2 tablespoon milk and 2 tablespoon curd to it and knead it by hand to make a soft dough.
- Add 1 teaspoon of ghee and knead again. Soft dough for Gulab Jamun is ready for frying.
- Meanwhile check the sugar syrup, if you get 1 string syrup, then add rose water (rose water) to it. Keep boiling for 2 - 3 minutes. Do not make too much thick syrup. Turn off the gas.
- Take a small portion of the dough and make a small ball from it. The ball should be smooth and there are no cracks or line in the ball otherwise Gulab Jamun will crack while frying.
- Similarly, make all the balls from the dough and keep them in a plate.
- You can also fill the stuffing if you want. When making the balls, fill finely chopped pistachios or raisins. Make a ball and press it flat between your palm, fill the stuffing of pistachios or raisins and cover it with dough and make a smooth ball.
- Heat the ghee for deep frying in a pan on medium heat. When the ghee gets medium hot, reduce the heat to low and add raw gulab jamun to the ghee.
- Gently stir the gulab jamun so that it does not crack, and fry it evenly from all sides. Fry the gulab jamuns till they turn golden brown, while gently stirring.
- After frying well, take them out of the ghee using a perforated spoon and place them on top of the pan so that the excess ghee comes out and transfers them to the hot sugar syrup.
- Gently stir them into the sugar syrup and keep them in the syrup for about 20 minutes.
- Delicious Gulab Jamun is ready. Transfer them to a bowl and garnish with chopped pistachios. Serve them with or without syrup.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious gulab jamun
Gulab JamunGulab Jamun is a delicious sweet made from solid milk, maida and sugar syrup and is a popular dessert in India and other countries. Solid milk is used to make delicious sweet gulab jamuns, solid milk...
Delicious CustardA healthy and amazingly delicious dessert made from milk, sugar and mix fruits, "Mixed Fruit Custard" is a delicious and ideal dessert that you can easily make at home with little effort and less is a...
Moong Dal HalwaMoong Dal Halwa is an popular and mouthwatering dessert in North India that is eaten specially in winter season. This is an rich dessert made of lots of ghee and moong dal and is believed that it your...
Boondi Ke LadooBundi ke ladoo are the most popular sweets of India for the occasion of festivals such as Diwali, Holi etc., weddings or especially for pujas. Bundi is fried droplets made of besan (gram flour) and is...
Kesar ShrikhandSrikhand is a Gujarati dish, this dish is so delicious that it is very famous all over India and everyone likes it. Shrikhand does not require any cooking. The dish is made with fresh curd without any...