Gulab Jamun or Gulaab Jamun is a delicious solid milk-based dessert and is popular in India and many other countries. Delicious Gulab Jamuns are made from solid milk, solid milk is milk which is reduced by the consistency of soft dough and is known as khoya. In modern cuisine delicious sweet Gulab Jamun are made from dried milk or milk powder instead of khoya. Gulab Jamuns can be garnished with finely chopped almonds and stuffed with nuts. To make gulab jamuns, soft dough is first made with dry milk, fine flour, semolina and a little baking powder, then the dough is fried on low heat and then dipped in sugar syrup. By following this recipe you can easily make delicious Gulab Jamuns at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 25 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
For Gulab Jamun
|Milk Powder||9 Tablespoon||Refined Flour (Maida)||3 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Semolina (Suji)||1 1/4 Tablespoon||Baking Soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Curd||2 Tablespoon||Milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Ghee||1 Teaspoon + For Deep Frying|
For Sugar Syrup
|Sugar||250 Gram||Water||1 Cup|
|Green Cardamom||2 - 3||Rose Water||1 Tablespoon|
|Pistachio, Finely Chopped||1 Teaspoon, For Stuffing And Garnish, Optional||Raisin||For Stuffing, Optional|
|Rose Petals||For Garnish|
- Take a pan and add sugar, water and green cardamom and let it boil on medium heat.
- Take a large bowl and sieve milk powder, maida (refined flour), semolina and baking soda and mix well.
- Add 2 tablespoon milk and 2 tablespoon curd to it and knead it by hand to make a soft dough.
- Add 1 teaspoon of ghee and knead again. Soft dough for Gulab Jamun is ready for frying.
- Meanwhile check the sugar syrup, if you get 1 string syrup, then add rose water (rose water) to it. Keep boiling for 2 - 3 minutes. Do not make too much thick syrup. Turn off the gas.
- Take a small portion of the dough and make a small ball from it. The ball should be smooth and there are no cracks or line in the ball otherwise Gulab Jamun will crack while frying.
- Similarly, make all the balls from the dough and keep them in a plate.
- You can also fill the stuffing if you want. When making the balls, fill finely chopped pistachios or raisins. Make a ball and press it flat between your palm, fill the stuffing of pistachios or raisins and cover it with dough and make a smooth ball.
- Heat the ghee for deep frying in a pan on medium heat. When the ghee gets medium hot, reduce the heat to low and add raw gulab jamun to the ghee.
- Gently stir the gulab jamun so that it does not crack, and fry it evenly from all sides. Fry the gulab jamuns till they turn golden brown, while gently stirring.
- After frying well, take them out of the ghee using a perforated spoon and place them on top of the pan so that the excess ghee comes out and transfers them to the hot sugar syrup.
- Gently stir them into the sugar syrup and keep them in the syrup for about 20 minutes.
- Delicious Gulab Jamun is ready. Transfer them to a bowl and garnish with chopped pistachios. Serve them with or without syrup.
The hot Gulab Jamun with cold Rabdi tastes incredible.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Vermicelli kheerVermicelli kheer also known as Sevaiyan kheer, is a delicious dessert, which is very famous for festivals in India. Vermicelli kheer is not only easy and quick to make but it is also very delicious. a...
Vermicelli kheervermicelli kheer or sevaiyan kheer, is a dessert, which is very tasty and famous in India, that is made on many festivals. The vermicelli kheer is not only delicious but it is also very easy to make....
Gajar Ka Halwa | Carrot...Gajar ka halwa is also known as gajarela or carrot halwa, is a delicious pudding, halwa or dessert. Delicious Gajar ka halwa is made by boiling carrots in milk. Gajar ka halwa is easy to make and so a...
Gajar Ka Halwa | Carrot...Gajar ka halwa or Carrot halwa is a delicious halwa, pudding or dessert that is cooked by simmering grated carrots in full fat milk. Gajar ka halwa is so delicious and popular in India and well known...
Malai Khoya RollMalai Khoya Roll or Bread Roll Malai is a soft and delicious dessert made from milk and bread. The dessert is so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy the taste, Malai Khoya Roll is very famous in...