How To Make Gulab Jamun
Gulab Jamun Recipe
Gulab Jamun or Gulaab Jamun is a delicious solid milk-based dessert and is popular in India and many other countries. Delicious Gulab Jamuns are made from solid milk, solid milk is milk which is reduced by the consistency of soft dough and is known as khoya. In modern cuisine delicious sweet Gulab Jamun are made from dried milk or milk powder instead of khoya. Gulab Jamuns can be garnished with finely chopped almonds and stuffed with nuts. To make gulab jamuns, soft dough is first made with dry milk, fine flour, semolina and a little baking powder, then the dough is fried on low heat and then dipped in sugar syrup. By following this gulab jamun recipe you can easily make delicious Gulab Jamuns at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 25 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Ice Cream Dessert and Sweets
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
gulab jamun Ingredients
For Gulab Jamun
|Milk Powder||9 Tablespoon||Refined Flour (Maida)||3 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Semolina (Suji)||1 1/4 Tablespoon||Baking Soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Curd||2 Tablespoon||Milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Ghee||1 Teaspoon + For Deep Frying|
For Sugar Syrup
|Sugar||250 Gram||Water||1 Cup|
|Green Cardamom||2 - 3||Rose Water||1 Tablespoon|
|Pistachio, Finely Chopped||1 Teaspoon, For Stuffing And Garnish, Optional||Raisin||For Stuffing, Optional|
|Rose Petals||For Garnish|
Direction To Make
Let's start the recipe of Gulab Jamun
Sugar Syrup And Raw Gulab Jamun
- Take a pan and add sugar, water and green cardamom and let it boil on medium heat.
- Take a large bowl and sieve milk powder, maida (refined flour), semolina and baking soda and mix well.
- Add 2 tablespoon milk and 2 tablespoon curd to it and knead it by hand to make a soft dough.
- Add 1 teaspoon of ghee and knead again. Soft dough for Gulab Jamun is ready for frying.
- Meanwhile check the sugar syrup, if you get 1 string syrup, then add rose water (rose water) to it. Keep boiling for 2 - 3 minutes. Do not make too much thick syrup. Turn off the gas.
- Take a small portion of the dough and make a small ball from it. The ball should be smooth and there are no cracks or line in the ball otherwise Gulab Jamun will crack while frying.
- Similarly, make all the balls from the dough and keep them in a plate.
- You can also fill the stuffing if you want. When making the balls, fill finely chopped pistachios or raisins. Make a ball and press it flat between your palm, fill the stuffing of pistachios or raisins and cover it with dough and make a smooth ball.
Making Gulab Jamun
- Heat the ghee for deep frying in a pan on medium heat. When the ghee gets medium hot, reduce the heat to low and add raw gulab jamun to the ghee.
- Gently stir the gulab jamun so that it does not crack, and fry it evenly from all sides. Fry the gulab jamuns till they turn golden brown, while gently stirring.
- After frying well, take them out of the ghee using a perforated spoon and place them on top of the pan so that the excess ghee comes out and transfers them to the hot sugar syrup.
- Gently stir them into the sugar syrup and keep them in the syrup for about 20 minutes.
- Delicious Gulab Jamun is ready. Transfer them to a bowl and garnish with chopped pistachios. Serve them with or without syrup.
The hot Gulab Jamun with cold Rabdi tastes incredible.
To get the video for the recipe: Click Here
To read the recipe in Hindi: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious gulab jamun
Malai Khoya RollMalai Khoya Roll or Bread Roll Malai is a soft and delicious dessert made from milk and bread. The dessert is so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy the taste, Malai Khoya Roll is very famous in...
Mawa ModakMawa modak or khoya modak is a traditional dessert made with solid milk. It is a delicious solid-milk based dessert that is usually made during the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi and is offered to Lord...
FaloodaFalooda or Faluda Looks like Noodles, is a cold dessert from India and is a very popular dessert in the summer season as it is eaten mostly with ice cream. Falooda is invented from a persian dish cold...
RabdiRabdi is the most popular delicious and creamy dessert with a nice aroma of saffron (kesar) And cardamom (elaichi) is also known as Shahi Rabdi. This detailed recipe of the thickest and the best rabdi...
Apple PieA delicious pie filled with sliced or chopped apple as a main filling ingredient is famous as Apple pie. This delicious dish is like a cake with sliced or chopped apple stuffing. It tastes like a...