How To Make Dhokla At Home
Dhokla | Khaman Dhokla Recipe
Dhokla is a pure vegetarian dish from the state of Gujarat, India also known as Khaman Dhokla. Now this dish is very popular in other states also. For those who suspect that dhokla is not good for health, it is good for health as it is made from gram flour (besan) which is healthy as it is the rich source of good fats. The batter is flavored with spices such as ginger, green chili, and mustard seeds, and steamed to create a spongy and savory cake-like texture. This is a very tasty and light breakfast. You can enjoy this delicious snacks in breakfast or as a snack at tea time. Khaman Dhokla is typically cut into small squares and served with chutney made from coriander, mint, or tamarind. We are presenting an easy recipe of dhokla.
Khaman Dhokla is a popular snack in India and is often enjoyed as a breakfast, tea-time snack, or as an appetizer. It is an healthy option as it is steamed and contains no oil. Gram flour is also beneficial for digestive health.
To make Khaman Dhokla, the batter is prepared by mixing gram flour, yogurt, and water to a smooth consistency. The batter is then spiced with ginger, green chili, and mustard seeds and steamed in a greased pan for 15-20 minutes.
Once the Khaman Dhokla is cooked, cut into small squares and garnished with a variety of toppings. It is a simple yet flavorful dish that can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
With this recipe you can easily prepare spongy and soft dhokla at home in 20 minutes, for this you do not need to prepare batter 8 or 12 hours in advance. This soft dhokla can be prepared by using ENO Fruit Salt or baking soda with gram flour.
- Preparation Time :
- 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
To Prepare Batter
|1 1/2 Teaspoon
|Green Chilli Finely Grated
|Ghee Or Oil (For Greasing)
|1/2 Teaspoon Or As Per Taste
|Ghee or Oil
|10 - 12
|Mustard Seeds (Rai)
|Sesame Seeds (Til)
|Green Chilli Cut Length Wise
|Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped
|2 Tablespoon For Garnish
Direction To Make
- In another bowl sift the gram flour (besan) to avoid lumps. Add semolina, lime juice, grated green chillies, ginger paste, salt and 3/4 cup water and mix well. Make sure to remove all the lumps and mix well.
- Add ENO powder to it and mix well for about a minute. With this process the mixture will be about double.
- Now immediately pour this batter in flat bottom greased pan. Fill pan with batter about 1/2 inch.
- Fix a stand in a large steamer pan and place the pan with the batter over it. The water level should be below the inner pan with the batter as the water can mix into the batter while creating steam. In case of excess, drain the water.
- Cover the steamer pan and let it steam for about 10 - 12 minutes over medium heat. Check the dhokla with a toothpick or knife, if it comes as clean as before, the dhokla is ready, otherwise steam for another 2-3 minutes and check again.
- Turn off the heat, take out the dhokla pan from the steamer pan and let it cool at room temperature.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a pan. When ghee gets hot, add mustard seeds (rai), asafoetida (hing). When the seeds starts crackle, add sesame seeds, cumin seeds, green chillies and curry leaves and fry for a while.
- Add 1/3 cup of water and allow it to boil over high heat. Once it comes to a boil, cook it for a minute on high heat. Tempering is ready.
- Cut the dhokla into cubes according to the desired size. Pour tempering over the dhokla and gently toss the dhokla so that the dhokla coated well with the tempering.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Allow the dhokla to cool for a while. You can keep it in the fridge.
- Enjoy the delicious dhokla with green chutney (pudina chutney) or tamarind chutney.
To get the video for the recipe: click here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsLeander Fernandes
Chilli PotatoChilli Potato is an Indo-Chinese delicious starter, served mostly as snacks and appetizers at functions and parties. Chili Potato recipe is almost like dry chilli paneer but to make chili potato we of...
Paneer TikkaPaneer tikka is very famous and most demanding starter in restaurants made of paneer. There are many types of paneer tikkas that have different tastes and cooking methods. The most common and method a...
Rava DosaRava Dosa is a thin and crispy dosa made of rice flour and rava, one of the easiest, delicious and healthy dosa to cook at home. Unlike other rice dosa, the delicious Rava Dosa does not require the to...
Veg Manchurian DryDry veg Manchurian a delicious Indo Chinese dish made with cabbage and served as a starter. It is made with little gravy, which is almost dry. To make it, koftas are first made with cabbage and cooked...
Sweet Corn SoupA thick sweet corn soup created with corn cream, fresh corn kernels and little bit of cabbage and carrot to add more flavor. White chilli powder complements the corn's delicious sweetness. This Sweet...