How To Make Dhokla At Home
Dhokla Recipe | Khaman Dhokla Recipe
Dhokla is a pure vegetarian dish from the state of Gujarat, India also known as Khaman Dhokla. Now this dish is very popular in other states also. For those who suspect that dhokla is not good for health, it is good for health as it is made from gram flour (besan) which is healthy as it is the rich source of good fats. This is a very tasty and light breakfast. You can enjoy this delicious snacks in breakfast or as a snack at tea time. We are presenting an easy recipe of dhokla.
With this recipe you can easily prepare spongy and soft dhokla at home in 20 minutes, for this you do not need to prepare batter 8 or 12 hours in advance. This soft dhokla can be prepared by using ENO Fruit Salt or baking soda with gram flour (besan).
- Preparation Time :
- 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
- 2 Reviews | 1 Like
To Prepare Batter
|Gram Flour||1 Cup||Semolina (Suji)||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon Juice||1 1/2 Teaspoon||ENO Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Green Chilli Finely Grated||1||Ginger Paste||3/4 Teaspoon|
|Water||3/4 Cup||Curd||1/4 Cup|
|Ghee Or Oil (For Greasing)||1 Teaspoon||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon Or As Per Taste|
|Ghee or Oil||2 Tablespoon||Curry Leaves||10 - 12|
|Mustard Seeds (Rai)||1/2 Teaspoon||Cumin Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame Seeds (Til)||1 Teaspoon||Sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Green Chilli Cut Length Wise||4||Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped||2 Tablespoon For Garnish|
|Asafoetida (Hing)||A Pinch||Water||1/3 Cup|
Direction To Make
Take a large steamer pan, add 3 - 4 cups of water to it. Heat it on medium heat. Take a flat bottom pan for 4 - 5 inch diameter which can be easily placed in steamer pan and grease them with 1 Teaspoon of ghee or oil.
- In another bowl sift the gram flour (besan) to avoid lumps. Add semolina, lime juice, grated green chillies, ginger paste, salt and 3/4 cup water and mix well. Make sure to remove all the lumps and mix well.
- Add ENO powder to it and mix well for about a minute. With this process the mixture will be about double.
- Now immediately pour this batter in flat bottom greased pan. Fill pan with batter about 1/2 inch.
- Fix a stand in a large steamer pan and place the pan with the batter over it. The water level should be below the inner pan with the batter as the water can mix into the batter while creating steam. In case of excess, drain the water.
- Cover the steamer pan and let it steam for about 10 - 12 minutes over medium heat. Check the dhokla with a toothpick or knife, if it comes as clean as before, the dhokla is ready, otherwise steam for another 2-3 minutes and check again.
- Turn off the heat, take out the dhokla pan from the steamer pan and let it cool at room temperature.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a pan. When ghee gets hot, add mustard seeds (rai), asafoetida (hing). When the seeds starts crackle, add sesame seeds, cumin seeds, green chillies and curry leaves and fry for a while.
- Add 1/3 cup of water and allow it to boil over high heat. Once it comes to a boil, cook it for a minute on high heat. Tempering is ready.
- Cut the dhokla into cubes according to the desired size. Pour tempering over the dhokla and gently toss the dhokla so that the dhokla coated well with the tempering.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Allow the dhokla to cool for a while. You can keep it in the fridge.
- Enjoy the delicious dhokla with green chutney (pudina chutney) or tamarind chutney.
To get the video for the recipe: click here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsLeander Fernandes
Mushroom ManchurianMushroom Manchurian is a delicious dish that can be served appetizers. It is so delicious that no one denies the taste of mushroom Manchurian. Mushroom Manchurian is not only delicious, but also The D...
Kurkure PaneerKurkure Paneer is a delicious and chrunchy snack that is an ideal starter for parties and a perfect snack. Crunchy and delicious kurkure paneer are made with paneer, corn flakes, maida, corn flour and...
Ragda PatticeRagda Pattice is a delicious and very popular street food in India, this street food is very popular in Gujarat and Maharashtra. Ragda Pattice is almost identical with another popular North Indian is...
Cheese PizzaCheese Pizza is a delicious Italian dish, with a flat round base made from refined flour (maida) or whole wheat flour, which is baked with cheese and some various vegetables such as mushrooms, etc. a...
Rava DosaRava Dosa is a thin and crispy dosa made of rice flour and rava, one of the easiest, delicious and healthy dosa to cook at home. Unlike other rice dosa, the delicious Rava Dosa does not require the to...