With this recipe you can easily prepare spongy and soft dhokla at home in 20 minutes, for this you do not need to prepare batter 8 or 12 hours in advance. This soft dhokla can be prepared by using eno fruit salt or baking soda with gram flour (besan).
- Preparation Time :
- 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
To Prepare Batter
|Gram Flour||1 Cup||Semolina (Suji)||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon Juice||1 1/2 Teaspoon||ENO Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Green Chilli Finely Grated||1||Ginger Paste||3/4 Teaspoon|
|Water||3/4 Cup||Curd||1/4 Cup|
|Ghee Or Oil (For Greasing)||1 Teaspoon||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon Or As Per Taste|
|Ghee or Oil||2 Tablespoon||Curry Leaves||10 - 12|
|Mustard Seeds (Rai)||1/2 Teaspoon||Cumin Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame Seeds (Til)||1 Teaspoon||Sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Green Chilli Cut Length Wise||4||Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped||2 Tablespoon For Garnish|
|Asafoetida (Hing)||A Pinch||Water||1/3 Cup|
Take a large steamer pan, add 3 - 4 cups of water to it. Heat it on medium heat. Take a flat bottom pan for 4 - 5 inch diameter which can be easily placed in steamer pan and grease them with 1 Teaspoon of ghee or oil.
- In another bowl sift the gram flour (besan) to avoid lumps. Add semolina, lime juice, grated green chillies, ginger paste, salt and 3/4 cup water and mix well. Make sure to remove all the lumps and mix well.
- Add ENO powder to it and mix well for about a minute. With this process the mixture will be about double.
- Now immediately pour this batter in flat bottom greased pan. Fill pan with batter about 1/2 inch.
- Fix a stand in a large steamer pan and place the pan with the batter over it. The water level should be below the inner pan with the batter as the water can mix into the batter while creating steam. In case of excess, drain the water.
- Cover the steamer pan and let it steam for about 10 - 12 minutes over medium heat. Check the dhokla with a toothpick or knife, if it comes as clean as before, the dhokla is ready, otherwise steam for another 2-3 minutes and check again.
- Turn off the heat, take out the dhokla pan from the steamer pan and let it cool at room temperature.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a pan. When ghee gets hot, add mustard seeds (rai), asafoetida (hing). When the seeds starts crackle, add sesame seeds, cumin seeds, green chillies and curry leaves and fry for a while.
- Add 1/3 cup of water and allow it to boil over high heat. Once it comes to a boil, cook it for a minute on high heat. Dhokla tempering is ready.
- Cut the dhokla into cubes according to the desired size. Pour tempering over the dhokla and gently toss the dhokla so that the dhokla coated well with the tempering.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Allow the dhokla to cool for a while. You can keep it in the fridge.
- Enjoy the delicious dhokla with green chutney (pudina chutney) or tamarind chutney.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it is does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and...
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Eggless is a...
Paneer Cutletpaneer cutlets are the amazing combination of easiest, delicious and healthy snacks. Paneer cutlets are so delicious that everyone likes it, including children, adults and old people. Paneer is an of...
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy is...
Mushroom ManchurianMushroom Manchurian is a delicious dish that can be served appetizers. It is so delicious that no one denies the taste of mushroom Manchurian. Mushroom Manchurian is not only delicious, but also The D...