How To Make Delicious Aloo Poha or Batata Poha
Recipe of Delicious Aloo Poha
Poha is known in English as flattened rice or beaten rice. These are flat dried rice flakes. Poha is a traditional and most common breakfast in India. Nutritious Delicious Poha dish is famous in many regions of India, cooked in different ways with different ingredients and flavours. This easy and healthy breakfast recipe is prepared with the main ingredients of Poha (rice flakes). Potatoes and peanuts make it more tasty and healthy. Delicious poha is usually garnished with various ingredients like sev or fresh coconut to make the dish more flavourful.
- Preparation Time :
- 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
delicious poha Ingredients
|Poha (Rice Flakes)||2 Cup||Onion Finely Chopped||1 Medium (Approx 1/3 Cup)|
|Potato||1 Medium||Peanuts (Groundnuts)||1/4 Cup|
|Green Chilli Finely Chopped||1||Cumin Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||A Pinch or As Per Taste||Salt||1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped||2 Tablespoon||Finely Grated Dry Coconut (Optional)||2 Tablespoon|
|Ghee or Oil||2 Tablespoon|
Direction To Make
- Peel the potato and onion and cut them into small pieces. Finely chop the green chilli and finely grind the dried coconut.
- Take raw poha in a large strainer and wash it with water twice by gently rolling it by hand and keep it aside to remove excess water.
- Now heat ghee or oil in a pan on medium heat. When the ghee gets hot enough, add cumin seeds, green chillies and peanuts. Let them fry until crisp. It takes about 30 - 35 seconds.
- Add chopped onion and fry till onion becomes translucent.
- Add potatoes and mix. Cover the pan and cook until the potatoes becomes tender tender. Stirring occasionally. It takes about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, chaat masala and turmeric powder and mix well. Cook for a minute. Add raw soaked poha and mix well. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes. Stir in between.
- Add finely grated dry coconut and finely chopped coriander and mix well.
- Turn off the heat. Poha is ready to be served. Enjoy delicious and healthy poha at breakfast with tea.
To get the video for the recipe: click here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Love the taste of poha
Ragda PatticeRagda pattice is a delicious street food in India and is very popular in the states of Gujarat and Maharashtra. Delicious Ragda pattice is similar to another street food "tikki chole" which is very in...
Aloo Paratha QuesadillaQuesadilla is a Mexican street food that is so delicious that Mexicans love it very much. This is a dish in which either various vegetables, meat or chicken along with the cheese are stuffed into or a...
Paneer TikkaPaneer tikka is the most common and delicious starter in restaurants, parties and functions. There are many different ways to cook Paneer Tikka, a delicious starter. The authentic method of making a a...
SamosaSamosa is made from refined flour. The samosa shell has some filling ingredients, usually mashed boiled potatoes, cheese, finely chopped onions, green peas, green chilies, or a mixture of lentils with...
DhoklaDhokla is a pure vegetarian and delicious Gujarati snacks, which is also famous as Khaman Dhokla. Now this delicious snack is popular not only in Gujarat but also in some other states of India. Some...