Delicious Poha Recipe
Delicious Poha Recipe
Poha is known in English as flattened rice or beaten rice. These are flat dried rice flakes. Poha is a traditional and most common breakfast in India. This easy and healthy breakfast recipe is prepared with the main ingredients of Poha (rice flakes). Potatoes and peanuts make it more tasty and healthy.
- Preparation Time :
- 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
|Poha (Rice Flakes)||2 Cup||Onion Finely Chopped||1 Medium (Approx 1/3 Cup)|
|Potato||1 Medium||Peanuts (Groundnuts)||1/4 Cup|
|Green Chilli Finely Chopped||1||Cumin Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||A Pinch or As Per Taste||Salt||1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped||2 Tablespoon||Finely Grated Dry Coconut (Optional)||2 Tablespoon|
|Ghee or Oil||2 Tablespoon|
- Peel the potato and onion and cut them into small pieces. Finely chop the green chilli and finely grind the dried coconut.
- Take raw poha in a large strainer and wash it with water twice by gently rolling it by hand and keep it aside to remove excess water.
- Now heat ghee or oil in a pan on medium heat. When the ghee gets hot enough, add cumin seeds, green chillies and peanuts. Let them fry until crisp. It takes about 30 - 35 seconds.
- Add chopped onion and fry till onion becomes translucent.
- Add potatoes and mix. Cover the pan and cook until the potatoes becomes tender tender. Stirring occasionally. It takes about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, chaat masala and turmeric powder and mix well. Cook for a minute. Add raw soaked poha and mix well. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes. Stir in between.
- Add finely grated dry coconut and finely chopped coriander and mix well.
- Turn off the heat. Poha is ready to be served. Enjoy delicious and healthy poha at breakfast with tea.
To get the video for the recipe: click here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Love the taste of poha
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it is does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and...
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Eggless is a...
Paneer Cutletpaneer cutlets are the amazing combination of easiest, delicious and healthy snacks. Paneer cutlets are so delicious that everyone likes it, including children, adults and old people. Paneer is an of...
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy is...
Mushroom ManchurianMushroom Manchurian is a delicious dish that can be served appetizers. It is so delicious that no one denies the taste of mushroom Manchurian. Mushroom Manchurian is not only delicious, but also The D...