How To Make Delicious Aloo Poha or Batata Poha
Recipe of Delicious Aloo Poha
Poha is known in English as flattened rice or beaten rice. These are flat dried rice flakes. Poha is a traditional and most common breakfast in India. Nutritious Delicious Poha dish is famous in many regions of India, cooked in different ways with different ingredients and flavours. This easy and healthy breakfast recipe is prepared with the main ingredients of Poha (rice flakes). Potatoes and peanuts make it more tasty and healthy. Delicious poha is usually garnished with various ingredients like sev or fresh coconut to make the dish more flavourful.
- Preparation Time :
- 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
delicious poha Ingredients
|Poha (Rice Flakes)
|Onion Finely Chopped
|1 Medium (Approx 1/3 Cup)
|Green Chilli Finely Chopped
|Red Chilli Powder
|A Pinch or As Per Taste
|1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste
|Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped
|Finely Grated Dry Coconut (Optional)
|Ghee or Oil
Direction To Make
- Peel the potato and onion and cut them into small pieces. Finely chop the green chilli and finely grind the dried coconut.
- Take raw poha in a large strainer and wash it with water twice by gently rolling it by hand and keep it aside to remove excess water.
- Now heat ghee or oil in a pan on medium heat. When the ghee gets hot enough, add cumin seeds, green chillies and peanuts. Let them fry until crisp. It takes about 30 - 35 seconds.
- Add chopped onion and fry till onion becomes translucent.
- Add potatoes and mix. Cover the pan and cook until the potatoes becomes tender tender. Stirring occasionally. It takes about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, chaat masala and turmeric powder and mix well. Cook for a minute. Add raw soaked poha and mix well. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes. Stir in between.
- Add finely grated dry coconut and finely chopped coriander and mix well.
- Turn off the heat. Poha is ready to be served. Enjoy delicious and healthy poha at breakfast with tea.
To get the video for the recipe: click here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Love the taste of poha
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Vegetarian a...
Kurkure PaneerKurkure Paneer is a perfect snack and an ideal starter for the parties. The delicious and crunchy starter is made by paneer, corn flour, corn flakes, maida and spices. It is very easy to make deicious...
Bread RollBread roll is not only delicious, but is a very popular Indian snack, it is very easy to make crispy and tasty snack, when you have already boiled potatoes then this delicious snacks can be prepared a...
Bread PizzaBread pizza is a delicious variation of pizza that can be made quickly on a griddle or pan. In this recipe, bread is used as a base to make delicious snack along with cheese and veggie topping. Bread...
Rava IdliRava Idli is a delicious steamed cake made using rava or semolina along with curd and spices and some leavening agent. Delicious rava idli is eaten with coconut chutney for breakfast. Traditionally in...