Delicious Poha Recipe
Delicious Poha Recipe
Poha is known in English as flattened rice or beaten rice. These are flat dried rice flakes. Poha is a traditional and most common breakfast in India. This easy and healthy breakfast recipe is prepared with the main ingredients of Poha (rice flakes). Potatoes and peanuts make it more tasty and healthy.
- Preparation Time :
- 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
delicious poha Ingredients
Ingredients of delicious poha
|Poha (Rice Flakes)||2 Cup||Onion Finely Chopped||1 Medium (Approx 1/3 Cup)|
|Potato||1 Medium||Peanuts (Groundnuts)||1/4 Cup|
|Green Chilli Finely Chopped||1||Cumin Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||A Pinch or As Per Taste||Salt||1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped||2 Tablespoon||Finely Grated Dry Coconut (Optional)||2 Tablespoon|
|Ghee or Oil||2 Tablespoon|
- Peel the potato and onion and cut them into small pieces. Finely chop the green chilli and finely grind the dried coconut.
- Take raw poha in a large strainer and wash it with water twice by gently rolling it by hand and keep it aside to remove excess water.
- Now heat ghee or oil in a pan on medium heat. When the ghee gets hot enough, add cumin seeds, green chillies and peanuts. Let them fry until crisp. It takes about 30 - 35 seconds.
- Add chopped onion and fry till onion becomes translucent.
- Add potatoes and mix. Cover the pan and cook until the potatoes becomes tender tender. Stirring occasionally. It takes about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, chaat masala and turmeric powder and mix well. Cook for a minute. Add raw soaked poha and mix well. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes. Stir in between.
- Add finely grated dry coconut and finely chopped coriander and mix well.
- Turn off the heat. Poha is ready to be served. Enjoy delicious and healthy poha at breakfast with tea.
To get the video for the recipe: click here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Love the taste of poha
Dahi Bhalla (Dahi Vada)Dahi Bhalla or Dahi Vada is a delicious Indian street food especially in North India. The dish is so popular that it does not require any introduction and is so soft and delicious that no one will to ...
Vegetarian Hot DogA vegetarian hot dog is a variety of delicious hot dog. All the ingredients to make a vegetarian hot dog are pure vegetarian, no meat of any kind is used in it. The sausage used in hot dogs is made of...
French FriesPotatoes are liked by everyone and many delicious snacks are made from it, and french fries are a delicious and most favorite snack among all potato snacks. French Fries is a mouth-watering and snack...
Paneer TikkaPaneer tikka is the most common and delicious starter in restaurants, parties and functions. There are many different ways to cook Paneer Tikka, a delicious starter. The authentic method of making a a...
Crispy Paper Dosa With...Dosa - A thin crispy and healthy South Indian dish made of rice and urad dhuli dal (black lentils without husk), usually served with coconut chutney and vegetable sambar. This favorite dish is not to...