How To Make Delicious Nankhatai
Delicious Nankhatai Recipe
Nankhatai is a delicious, egg-free, light and crunchy cookie made with whole wheat flour, gram flour, lots of ghee and butter, green cardamom powder and sugar. Nankhatai are traditional Indian cookies or shortbread biscuits that originated from India and are very popular in northern India. Delicious cookie "Nankhatai" can be made using different recipes with different combinations of flours. Delicious Nankhatai can be made by baking wheat flour and gram flour together in the oven or gas tandoor. By following this recipe, you can easily make delicious Nankhatai at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
delicious nankhatai Ingredients
|Wheat Flour||3/4 Cup||Gram Flour (Besan)||1/4 Cup|
|Baking Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Green Cardamom Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar Powder||1/2 Cup||Ghee or Butter||1/3 Cup|
Direction To Make
- Mix wheat flour, gram flour, baking powder, green cardamom powder and sugar powder, Sieve the mixture.
- Add ghee in flour mixture and make a hard dough.
- To make hard dough use ghee as per the required mixture. Depending on room temperature, you may need more or less ghee.
- preheat the oven at 1800 for approx 15 minute.
- Meanwhile, make balls from the dough. Then flatten the balls and pierce them with a fork with light force to create a design on the Nankhatai.
- Place some cardamom on top of the flat balls and press lightly to set.
- Bake it for 10 minutes or until it turns light brown. Remove from the oven on a wire rack to cool it at room temperature.
- Enjoy crispy and delicious Nankhatai with tea or coffee.
You can decorate Nankhatai with almonds, Kaju or green pista. Cut the dry fruits into small long slices and set over the Nankhatai before baking.
To get the video for the recipe: click here
To read the recipe in Hindi: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsLeander Fernandes
Jeera BiscuitJeera biscuits are a delicious sweet and salty biscuit and flavor with cumin. Jeera is known as cumin hence the jeera biscuits are also called cumin cookies which is a very famous ideal biscuit with...
Chocolate CookiesChocolate biscuits or cookies are delicious and are liked by everyone from children to elders. Chocolate cookies can be made at home with readily available ingredients such as butter, maida, chocolate...
Chocolate CookieChocolate cookies or biscuits are very tasty and famous cookies all over the world with the taste of chocolate. Chocolate cookies are liked by everyone, whether children or adults. Freshly baked are a...
NanKhataiNankhatai is a delicious eggless cookie that is light and crispy, made from a mixture of wheat flour and gram flour with ghee, butter, green cardamom and sugar. Delicious Nankhatai are very popular or...