How To Make Delicious Dal Makhani
Delicious Dal Makhani Recipe
Dal Makhani is a delicious classic Indian dish made of whole urad dal, kidney beans (Rajma) and butter with some aromatic spices. It is one of the most delicious and famous lentil dishes which first originated in Punjab, India and is very famous in North India. One bite of Dal Makhani fills your mouth with full aroma and flavour, your guests and family members will really enjoy the taste. You will love this dish and you will find how creamy, rich, flavorful and delicious this dish is. The recipe of Dal Makhani is also very easy.
Dal Makhani is a very tasty and popular dish from North India, where whole black urad dal and kidney beans are slow cooked with cream, butter and some spices. Dal means lentils and makhani means butter. dal makhani literally means lentils with butter.
Very few ingredients are required to make this delicious dal makhani with an easy recipe, but it takes time to cook as this dish has a slow cooking process. So you can make this wonderfully delicious dish for the weekend or special occasion. Serve this delicious dal makhani with tandoori roti, butter naan, roti, lachha paratha or jeera rice. Follow the recipe and make the delicious dal makhani and enjoy for lunch or dinner.
- Cooking Time :
- 50 Minutes
- Rest Time :
- 9 Hour
- Meal Type :
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
dal makhani Ingredients
|Whole Black Urad Dal||250 Gm or 1 Cup||Kidney Beans (Rajma)||60 Gm or 1/4 Cup|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Garlic Clove||6 - 7|
|Kashmiri red Chilli Powder||1 Teaspoon + 1 Tablespoon or As Per Taste||ghee||3 Tablespoon|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 Tablespoon||Tomatoes||4 medium|
|Water||As Required||Kasuri Methi||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon||Fresh Cream||3 - 4 Tablespoon|
|Ghee||2 Tablespoon||Kashmiri red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Kasuri Methi||1/2 Teaspoon|
Direction To Make
- Make tomato puree by grinding tomatoes.
- Take the urad dal in a big bowl and wash it 3 - 4 times by rubbing it with both the hands.
- Strain all the water through a sieve.
- Add Kidney Beans (Rajma) in the bowl.
- Add water to it and let it soak for 3 - 4 hours or overnight.
- Strain all the water through a sieve in the morning and wash it once again and strain all the water.
- Take a pressure cooker and add urad dal and rajma to it. Add water to it until the dal is completely submerged, add little more water to it.
- Add some salt, 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chilli and garlic cloves to it.
- Close the lid of the cooker and cook on high flame for 4-5 whistles.
- Switch off the gas and let the pressure of the cooker release on its own.
- Take another wok and add 3 tablespoon ghee to it. Heat ghee on medium heat.
- When the ghee becomes hot enough, add ginger garlic paste and fry it while stirring continuously.
- When the ginger-garlic paste is completely roasted, add tomato puree and 1 tablespoon Kashmiri red chilli powder to it and mix well.
- Fry it on medium flame while stirring continuously till ghee starts coming out of it.
- Now add boiled urad dal and rajma to it and mix well. Cook it on low flame and mash it a little with the help of a ladle.
- Add about 1/2 cup of water to it and cook on low flame while stirring it in between. Now add 2 tablespoon butter to it and mix well.
- When the butter is mixed well, add a little salt according to your taste and mix well
- Add the kasoori methi and fresh cream and mix well. Turn off the gas.
- Put 2 tablespoon ghee in a tadka pan and heat it on low flame. When the ghee becomes hot enough, add Kashmiri red chili powder and kasoori methi. Turn off the gas.
- Add this tempering to the dal makhani and mix well.
- Delicious Dal Makhani is ready to be served. Transfer it to a serving bowl and garnish it with fresh cream and chopped coriander leaves.
Serve and enjoy delicious Dal Makhani with roti, tandoori roti, butter naan, lachha paratha or rice for lunch or dinner.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
To read the recipe in Hindi: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious dal makhani
Aloo Paratha QuesadillaQuesadilla is a Mexican delicious and most popular street food in which tortilla (corn or wheat flour tortilla) is filled with either meat, chicken, different vegetables along with cheese. The is in a...
Mango SalsaMango Salsa is a delicious dish that you can also eat as a salad. Mango Salsa is an delicious and popular Mexican dish. During the mango season, when the market is full of mangoes, no one can resist a...
Aloo TikkiAloo Tikki is a crispy, delicious and popular street food in India made from boiled potatoes and some Indian spices. Indian Aloo Tikki is so crunchy, tasty and delicious because a good amount of are...
Paneer LababdarPaneer Lababdar is a delicious Paneer dish from North India. Recipe of Paneer Lababdar in Restaurant Style. Paneer Lababdar is very famous in North Indian hotels and restaurants. While this dish is as...
Paneer Manchurian DryPaneer Manchurian is one of the finest and most delicious Indo Chinese dish which is a spicy Manchurian with almost dry gravy and is made from soft paneer. This Indo Chinese Paneer Manchurian is a and...