How To Make Dal Fry
Dal Fry Recipe
Dal Fry is a delicious Indian dish, which is very popular and made by cooking lentils mixed with spices. There are many different ways to make dal fry. Dal Fry is a basic Indian dish that can also be made with a mixture of arhar dal, chana dal, moong dal and masoor dal. Simple Dal Fry is so delicious, healthy and aromatic and this recipe is so easy and comforting that even a novice can be made easily at home. The Dal Fry recipe requires only a handful of ingredients, which are usually available in all Indian kitchens. Dal fry is eaten mainly with roti or plain rice in lunch or dinner. Dal fry is also the pride of every party, everyone likes to eat dal fry with basmati rice at parties.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
dal fry Ingredients
|Split Red Gram (Tuvar Dal / Arhar dal)||4 Tablespoon||Split Bengal Gram (Channa Dal)||3 Tablespoon|
|Split Green Gram (Moong Dal)||3 Tablespoon||Split Red Lentil (Masoor Dal)||3 Tablespoon|
|Tomato Finely Chopped||1 Medium||Ginger Crushed||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic Crushed||1/2 Teaspoon||Onion Finely Chopped||1 Large|
|Green Chilli Chopped||2||Clove||3 - 4|
|Cinnamon||2 Small Pieces||Cumin Seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry Red Chili||2||Garam Masala||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon||Ghee||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||As Required||Coriander Leaves Chopped||2 Tablespoon|
Direction To Make
- Mix all the lentils in a bowl and wash them 2-3 times by rubbing with your fingers. To soak all the lentils, add water to the bowl and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop the items like onion, tomato, coriander leaves and green chili. Also make garlic and ginger paste. If you have ready-made paste then you can use it but fresh ginger garlic paste gives more flavor.
- After 10 minutes, using a sieve remove all excess water from the lentils, transfer the lentils to a pressure cooker. Add salt and 1 1/2 cups of water and close the pressure cooker lid.
- Cook it on high heat first and after one whistle, reduce the heat and cook it on medium heat for 3 more whistles. After 4 whistles, turn off the gas and let it release pressure automatically.
- For tempering, take a pan and put ghee in it and heat it on high heat. When the ghee becomes hot, reduce the heat to medium and add cumin, cinnamon, dry red chilli and cloves and cook a 30 - 40 seconds.
- Add chopped onion and fry the onion till light brown while stirring continuously. It will take about 1 minute.
- Now add crushed ginger, garlic and chopped green chillies and fry it for about 30 - 40 seconds while stirring continuously. Add chopped tomatoes and salt until tomatoes are soft, stir continuously.
- Add dried spices like garam masala, coriander powder, red chilli powder, chaat masala and turmeric powder and mix well. Tempering is ready.
- When the full pressure is released from cooker, open the cooker. Add the tempering to the pressure cooker with the lentils and mix well.
- Cook the lentils with tempering in an open cooker for about 4 - 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the dal fry in a bowl and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Dal fry is ready to be served. Serve hot dal fry with roti or rice.
To get the video for the recipe: click here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 1.04 : 1.03 : 0.02 : 0.01 : 0.0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious dal fryLeander Fernandes
Mushroom ManchurianMushroom Manchurian is a delicious appetizer. Everyone likes the mushroom Manchurian, from children to adults. Mushroom Manchurian is delicious and rich in vitamin D as mushroom is a great source of a...
Dal Baati ChurmaDal Baati is a crispy thick and ball-shaped baked dish that is a delicious, healthy and mouth watering dish made of wheat flour, semolina (suji) and ghee. The delicious dish is the most popular in and...
Paneer TikkaPaneer tikka is the most common and delicious starter in restaurants, parties and functions. There are many different ways to cook Paneer Tikka, a delicious starter. The authentic method of making a a...
Shahi PaneerShahi Paneer is an Indian vegetable that is so tasty, creamy and rich, made from paneer. Shahi paneer is so delicious that everyone in India loves it. The word Shahi stands for Royal and the dish has...