How To Make Delicious Dal Baati Churma
Dal Baati Churma Recipe
Dal Baati is a crispy thick and ball-shaped baked dish that is a delicious, healthy and mouth watering dish made of wheat flour, semolina (suji) and ghee. The delicious dish is the most popular in Rajasthan and is served with mixed dal and churma. Traditionally the baati is cooked directly on hot charcoal, which gives it a burnt and smoky flavor, but this method requires a lot of effort and experience. Which is difficult to maintain in urban kitchens. Dal Baati Churma Recipe is not so much difficult but requires lots of experience.
It is not practical and safe to cook the baati in the traditional way in the urban kitchen inside the house. Baati can also be cooked in electric or gas tandoor, even there are other ways to cook baati easily in the kitchen. We are going to share Baati's recipe in pressure cooker. By following this recipe, you can easily make baati at your home, this recipe will teach you to make mixed dal and churma to enjoy with baati.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 1 Hour
- Meal Type :
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
dal baati churma Ingredients
|Moong Dal||25 Gram||Masoor Dal||25 Gram|
|Urad Dal||25 Gram||Chana Dal||25 Gram|
|Toor / Arhar Dal||25 Gram||Cumin Seed||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Asafoetida (Hing)||A Pinch||Green Chillies, Finely Chopped||2|
|Onion, Finely Chopped||1/2 Cup||Curry Leaves||10 - 12|
|Ginger, Grated||1 Teaspoon||Tomato, finely Chopped||1/2 Cup|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Garlic Paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam Masala Powder||1 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||As Per Taste||Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Leaves, Finely Chopped||1/4 Cup||Ghee||2 Tablespoon|
|Wheat Flour||1 1/2 Cup||Semolina (Suji)||1/2 Cup|
|Baking Soda||1/4 Teaspoon||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Ghee||1/4 Cup||Carom Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Baked Baati||3||Edible gum (Optional)||2 Tablespoon|
|Cashews, Finely Chopped||1 Tablespoon||Almonds, finely Chopped||1 Tablespoon|
|Ghee||2 Tablespoon||Sugar Powder||2 Tablespoon|
Direction To Make
- Mix moong dal, masoor dal, urad dal, toor dal and chana dal in a bowl and wash them and remove all the water. Soak the lentils for 10 minutes.
- Remove the water after 10 minutes and transfer the lentils to the pressure cooker. Add 2 cups of water, turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon salt and cook it on medium flame for 6 whistles.
- After 6 whistles, turn off the gas and let the pressure cooker remove the pressure automatically.
- Take wheat flour in a large bowl. Add semolina, baking soda, salt, carom seeds and 3 tablespoon ghee and mix well. Gradually add water and knead it to make a tight dough.
- Cover it and keep it for 15 minutes. Knead the dough once again. Take a small portion of the dough and shape it into a ball with your hand. Press the dough ball between your palms and make it flat, now fold it from the corners and make it like a small bowl and close it to form a hollow ball.
- Similarly, make all the raw baati and place them in a small plate which can be set inside the cooker.
- Take a pressure cooker. Spread salt to cover the bottom of the cooker. Set a stand in it. Close the pressure lid but remove the whistle from it. Preheat the cooker on medium heat for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Open the lid of the cooker and place the baati on top of the stand with plate inside the cooker. Close the lid again without whistle over it. Bake the baati on medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, open the cooker and carefully flip all the baatis to bake from the other side. Close the cooker again and bake it for another 5 minutes.
- Baati is ready.
- Take 3 baatis and crush them in a grinder and grind them into a thick powder.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a non stick pan on medium heat. Add edible gum to it and fry it for about 30 - 40 seconds until it becomes translucent and swells like popcorn.
- Add Baati powder, finely chopped almonds, cashews and 1 tablespoon of ghee to it and fry it for about 2 minutes while stirring continuously. Turn off the gas. Allow it to cool down a little at room temperature. Add sugar powder in it and mix well.
- If you feel the churma is too dry, then you can mix 1 tablespoon of ghee in it and mix well.
- Churma is ready.
Frying and Tempering Dal
- Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a pan over medium heat. Add asafetida, cumin seeds and fry a little. Add green chili, curry leaves, ginger, garlic and fry for about 30 seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Now add onion and fry it for about 3 - 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover the pan to cook quickly while frying. When the onion becomes translucent, add tomatoes to it and fry it till the tomatoes become soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add red chili powder and coriander powder and mix well. Add boiled lentils and mix well. Slowly add hot water to it as per your preference.
- Add salt and garam masala as per your taste and mix well. Cover and cook on low heat for about 3-4 minutes. Open it and add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Dal is ready. Transfer the dal to a serving bowl. Serve the hot dal baati with churma and enjoy.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious dal baati churma
Delicious Paneer DosaGetting bored with regular plain dosa? Try this recipe of delicious paneer dosa!If so, I have brought one of the new recipes with a dosa combination that will be an excellent recipe for you to try. I...
Bread RollBread roll is not only delicious, but is a very popular Indian snack, it is very easy to make crispy and tasty snack, when you have already boiled potatoes then this delicious snacks can be prepared a...
Paneer Butter MasalaPaneer Butter Masala or Butter Paneer Masala is a healthy, delicious and most famous dish of Indian restaurants and hotels especially in Punjab. The dish has spicy and creamy gravy which makes Paneer...
Malai KoftaMalai Kofta is a pure vegetarian and most popular Indian dish made with deep-fried balls or rolls of potato and cheese mixture and dipped in a smooth, fresh milk cream gravy. Here the malai is the of...
Apple PieApple-filled pie is a delicious pie known as apple pie. This delicious pie is often eaten with ice cream, whipped cream or cheddar cheese. It is usually double-crusted, with pastry on either side (top...