How To Make Dahi Bhalla (Dahi Vada)
Dahi Bhalla (Dahi Vada) Recipe
Dahi Bhalla or Dahi Vada is a delicious Indian street food especially in North India. The dish is so popular that it does not require any introduction and is so soft and delicious that no one will refuse to eat. Dahi Bhalla is not only soft and delicious dish but the recipe of dahi bhalla is very easy to make.
To make soft spongy Dahi Bhalle, a batter is made from urad dal and then deep fried, these bhalle are then soaked in lukewarm water and add curd, sweet tamarind chutney and spicy green chutney, finely spiced with some spices. The delicious dahi bhalle is garnished with roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, and coriander leaves giving it a spicy taste and an attractive look.
- Preparation Time :
- 8 Hour 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
dahi bhalla (dahi vada) Ingredients
Ingredients of dahi bhalla (dahi vada)
|Black Split Lentils Without Husk (Urad Dhuli Dal)||1 Cup||Salt||As Per Taste|
|Cumin Seeds||1 Teaspoon + 3 teaspoon||Ghee or Oil||To Deep Fry|
|Asafoetida (Hing)||A Pinch||Curd||1 Liter|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup||Carom Seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Pudina Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Black Salt||2 Teaspoon||Black Pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Chaat Masala||2 Teaspoon|
- Soak urad dal in water for 8 hours or overnight.
- The next morning, using a sieve, remove all the water from the urad dal. Transfer the urad dal to the grinder and grind it to make a thick paste without water. If you find it is difficult to grind then you can add 1 - 2 tbsp water.
- Transfer the grounded urad dal to a bowl. The urad dal batter should not be too thick nor too thin. Now beat the batter with your hand or you can use electric beater, but should beat in one direction.
- Add 1 teaspoon cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt to it and beat it with your hand for about 10 minutes. While doing so, the color of the batter will change and the volume will also increase.
- Heat ghee or oil in a large thick bottom wok on medium heat. When the ghee becomes moderately hot, take a small portion of the batter in your fingers and pour it carefully into the hot ghee.
- In this way pour the small portions of batter one by one in ghee for deep fry. do not over-crowd in the wok. Stir and deep-fry them over medium heat till the bhalle turns golden.
- Once it turns golden, take them out of the ghee using a perforated spoon and transfer it to a plate on kitchen tissue paper to absorb the excess ghee.
- Keep them aside to cool to room temperature. You can keep them in the refrigerator for a few days at this stage.
Serving Dahi Bhalle
- When you like to serve, soak the fried bhalle in lukewarm water for about 30 minutes.
- Take the curd in a large bowl, add sugar and beat it and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan on medium heat, add 3 tablespoons cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon carom seeds and fry on low heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the gas and add mint powder, red chili powder, black pepper powder and 1 teaspoon salt and mix well.
- Transfer the masala mix on a board and grind it coarsly using a rolling pin.
- Squeeze the soaked bhalle gently to remove excess water. Do not squeeze too much they will break.
- Put 4 - 5 bhalla in a bowl, pour dahi (curd) on it as per your choice, add some green chutney, tamarind chutney and sprinkle the prepared masala.
- Delicious, soft and spongy curd is ready to be eaten. Enjoy it!
You can garnish it with pomegranate seeds, which will enhance the taste.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious dahi bhalla (dahi vada)
Gobhi 65Gobhi 65 or Gobi 65 is a crispy and delicious fried snacks, made with cauliflower, yogurt and spices. 65 dishes like Chicken 65, Paneer 65, aloo 65 are very popular appetizers from South India. All 65...
French FriesPotatoes are liked by everyone and many delicious snacks are made from it, and french fries are a delicious and most favorite snack among all potato snacks. French Fries is a mouth-watering and snack...
Bread PakoraBread Pakora, a popular snack for teatime in India. It is the perfect snack to serve with tea in the cold, cozy winter or rainy evening. It is a delicious snack with a gram flour (besan) coating and a...
Masala MacaroniMasala macaroni is a delicious and mouth watering pasta recipe, cooked in Indian style with spices. Macaroni is first boiled with salt and then macaroni is cooked with tomatoes, onions, garlic, ginger...
Sweet Corn Delicious...A quick, delicious and yummy sweet corn soup recipe