How To Make Dahi Bhalla (Dahi Vada)
Dahi Bhalla (Dahi Vada) Recipe
Dahi Bhalla or Dahi Vada is a delicious Indian street food especially in North India. The dish is so popular that it does not require any introduction and is so soft and delicious that no one will refuse to eat. Dahi Bhalla is not only soft and delicious dish but the recipe of dahi bhalla is very easy to make.
To make soft spongy Dahi Bhalle, a batter is made from urad dal and then deep fried, these bhalle are then soaked in lukewarm water and add curd, sweet tamarind chutney and spicy green chutney, finely spiced with some spices. The delicious dahi bhalle is garnished with roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, and coriander leaves giving it a spicy taste and an attractive look. Follow the recipe of Dahi Bhalla and make delicious Dahi Bhalla at your home and enjoy.
- Preparation Time :
- 8 Hour 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
dahi bhalla (dahi vada) Ingredients
|Black Split Lentils Without Husk (Urad Dhuli Dal)||1 Cup||Salt||As Per Taste|
|Cumin Seeds||1 Teaspoon + 3 teaspoon||Ghee or Oil||To Deep Fry|
|Asafoetida (Hing)||A Pinch||Curd||1 Kg|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup||Carom Seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Pudina Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Black Salt||2 Teaspoon||Black Pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Chaat Masala||2 Teaspoon|
Direction To Make
- Soak urad dal in water for 8 hours or overnight.
- The next morning, using a sieve, remove all the water from the urad dal. Transfer the urad dal to the grinder and grind it to make a thick paste without water. If you find it is difficult to grind then you can add 1 - 2 tbsp water.
- Transfer the grounded urad dal to a bowl. The urad dal batter should not be too thick nor too thin. Now beat the batter with your hand or you can use electric beater, but should beat in one direction.
- Add 1 teaspoon cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt to it and beat it with your hand for about 10 minutes. While doing so, the color of the batter will change and the volume will also increase.
- Heat ghee or oil in a large thick bottom wok on medium heat. When the ghee becomes moderately hot, take a small portion of the batter in your fingers and pour it carefully into the hot ghee.
- In this way pour the small portions of batter one by one in ghee for deep fry. do not over-crowd in the wok. Stir and deep-fry them over medium heat till the bhalle turns golden.
- Once it turns golden, take them out of the ghee using a perforated spoon and transfer it to a plate on kitchen tissue paper to absorb the excess ghee.
- Keep them aside to cool to room temperature. You can keep them in the refrigerator for a few days at this stage.
Serving Dahi Bhalle
- When you like to serve, soak the fried bhalle in lukewarm water for about 30 minutes.
- Take the curd in a large bowl, add sugar and beat it and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan on medium heat, add 3 tablespoons cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon carom seeds and fry on low heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the gas and add mint powder, red chili powder, black pepper powder and 1 teaspoon salt and mix well.
- Transfer the masala mix on a board and grind it coarsly using a rolling pin.
- Squeeze the soaked bhalle gently to remove excess water. Do not squeeze too much they will break.
- Put 4 - 5 bhalla in a bowl, pour dahi (curd) on it as per your choice, add some green chutney, tamarind chutney and sprinkle the prepared masala.
- Delicious, soft and spongy curd is ready to be eaten. Enjoy it!
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious dahi bhalla (dahi vada)
Vegetarian Hot DogA vegetarian hot dog is a variety of delicious hot dog. All the ingredients to make a vegetarian hot dog are pure vegetarian, no meat of any kind is used in it. The sausage used in hot dogs is made of...
Paneer Kathi RollPaneer Kathi Roll or Paneer Frankie is a delicious and very popular Indian snack that can be made easily and is also nutritious. To make it, roll is made by wrapping the paneer, capsicum stuffing with...
Aloo TikkiAloo Tikki is a delicious street food which is a spicy, crispy and very popular in India. It is made by fried the boiled potatoes with Indian spices. Indian Street Food Aloo Tikki is so crisp and of a...
Delicious Poha RecipePoha is a well known dish in India, in English poha is known as beaten or flattened rice. You can find flat dried rice flakes in the market easily in the name of poha. Poha is a tasty and quick made a...
French FriesPotatoes are used to make a lot of snacks, and French Fries are the most preferred snack among them. The recipe of French Fries is very simple. French fries in restaurant style can be easily made at a...