The rainy season of monsoon and the sweet corn or Bhutta are the perfect combination of taste and health. Corn is a healthy food that is readily available during the monsoon season and people like to eat corn during the monsoon rainy season, either roast the corn on fire and eat it with salt and lemon or boil the corn and eat it with the tamarind chutney. Today we are sharing a healthy and delicious chaat made from corn. By following this recipe, you can easily make delicious and spicy corn chaat at home.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 25 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack
|Corn, Break in Half||3||Dry Red Chilli||3|
|Ginger||1 Inch||Coriander Roots||4 - 5|
|Cinnamon Stick||1 Inch||Black Cardamom||1|
|Black Peppercorn||1/2 Teaspoon||Coriander Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Sugar||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon||Water||As Required|
For Gun Powder
|Ghee or Oil||1 Teaspoon||Cumin Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Seeds||1 Teaspoon||Dry Red Chillies||3|
|Split Bengal Gram (Chana Dal)||1 Teaspoon||Split Black Lentils (Urad Dal)||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry Leaves||1||Salt||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Coconut, Chopped||1/2 Cup||Curry Leaves, finely chopped||1|
- Peel the sweet corn and break it into 2 pieces. In a pressure cooker, take corn, dry red chili, ginger, cinnamon, coriander roots, black cardamom, black pepper, coriander seeds, sugar, salt, butter and water. Corn should be immersed in water to boil.
- Cover the pressure cooker lid and boil on high heat for 3 whistles.
- Turn off the gas and let the pressure cooker release the pressure automatically. When all the releases open the pressure cooker and takeout the corn from it and keep aside for later use.
- Note: Do not waste the remaining water, we will use this water later.
Make Gun Powder
- Heat 1 teaspoon of ghee or oil in a non stick pan. Add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, dry red chillies, gram dal, urad dal and fry them till they turn golden brown.
- Add curry leaves and salt and mix well and fry a little. Turn off the gas and allow it to cool slightly. Pour it into the grinder and grind it to make powder.
- Gun powder is ready. Keep aside.
- Take boiled corn and remove the kernel using a knife.
- In a pan add corn kernels, chopped coconut, finely chopped curry leaves, butter and 2 - 3 tablespoons water (the remaining water to boil the corn) and cook it on medium flame for 1 minute while stirring continuously.
- Add 2 tablespoon of prepared gun powder and mix well.
- Turn off the gas and transfer the delicious corn chaat to the serving bowl.
- Serve hot and enjoy during the rainy season.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it is does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and...
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Eggless is a...
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy is...
Paneer Cutletpaneer cutlets are the amazing combination of easiest, delicious and healthy snacks. Paneer cutlets are so delicious that everyone likes it, including children, adults and old people. Paneer is an of...
Mushroom ManchurianMushroom Manchurian is a delicious dish that can be served appetizers. It is so delicious that no one denies the taste of mushroom Manchurian. Mushroom Manchurian is not only delicious, but also The D...