Sweet Corn Chaat
The rainy season of monsoon and the sweet corn or Bhutta are the perfect combination of taste and health. Corn is a healthy food that is readily available during the monsoon season and people like to eat corn during the monsoon rainy season, either roast the corn on fire and eat it with salt and lemon or boil the corn and eat it with the tamarind chutney. Today we are sharing a healthy and delicious chaat made from corn. By following this recipe, you can easily make delicious and spicy corn chaat at home.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 25 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack
corn chaat Ingredients
Ingredients of corn chaat
MyDelicious Recipes-Corn Chaat
|Corn, Break in Half||3||Dry Red Chilli||3|
|Ginger||1 Inch||Coriander Roots||4 - 5|
|Cinnamon Stick||1 Inch||Black Cardamom||1|
|Black Peppercorn||1/2 Teaspoon||Coriander Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Sugar||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon||Water||As Required|
For Gun Powder
|Ghee or Oil||1 Teaspoon||Cumin Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Seeds||1 Teaspoon||Dry Red Chillies||3|
|Split Bengal Gram (Chana Dal)||1 Teaspoon||Split Black Lentils (Urad Dal)||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry Leaves||1||Salt||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Coconut, Chopped||1/2 Cup||Curry Leaves, finely chopped||1|
- Peel the sweet corn and break it into 2 pieces. In a pressure cooker, take corn, dry red chili, ginger, cinnamon, coriander roots, black cardamom, black pepper, coriander seeds, sugar, salt, butter and water. Corn should be immersed in water to boil.
- Cover the pressure cooker lid and boil on high heat for 3 whistles.
- Turn off the gas and let the pressure cooker release the pressure automatically. When all the releases open the pressure cooker and takeout the corn from it and keep aside for later use.
- Note: Do not waste the remaining water, we will use this water later.
Make Gun Powder
- Heat 1 teaspoon of ghee or oil in a non stick pan. Add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, dry red chillies, gram dal, urad dal and fry them till they turn golden brown.
- Add curry leaves and salt and mix well and fry a little. Turn off the gas and allow it to cool slightly. Pour it into the grinder and grind it to make powder.
- Gun powder is ready. Keep aside.
- Take boiled corn and remove the kernel using a knife.
- In a pan add corn kernels, chopped coconut, finely chopped curry leaves, butter and 2 - 3 tablespoons water (the remaining water to boil the corn) and cook it on medium flame for 1 minute while stirring continuously.
- Add 2 tablespoon of prepared gun powder and mix well.
- Turn off the gas and transfer the delicious corn chaat to the serving bowl.
- Serve hot and enjoy during the rainy season.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious corn chaat
Fried ChickenFried chicken is a delicious chicken snacks, in which the chicken pieces are coated with refined flour, then dipped in egg batter and again coated with refined flour and finely deep fried until it is...
Kurkure PaneerKurkure Paneer is a delicious and chrunchy snack that is an ideal starter for parties and a perfect snack. Crunchy and delicious kurkure paneer are made with paneer, corn flakes, maida, corn flour and...
Paneer TikkaPaneer tikka is the most common and delicious starter in restaurants, parties and functions. There are many different ways to cook Paneer Tikka, a delicious starter. The authentic method of making a a...
Dry Paneer ManchurianPaneer Manchurian is a spicy Manchurian made from paneer (cottage cheese) is the most delicious and best Indo Chinese dish. It is one of the most delicious paneer dishes served as a starters or snack....
Veg Seekh KababSeekh kebabs are generally known for a non-veg dish made with minced chicken or mutton and cooked in a tandoor. The vegetarian kebab is also a healthy and delicious dish. There are many varieties of a...