How To Make Coconut Chutney
Coconut Chutney Recipe
Chutney is a sweet and sour captivating condiment which is originated in India. This is made from different kind of ingredients such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, lentils, herbs etc. Different types of chutneys are made in different regions of India. Coconut chutney is one of them which is very popular in South India. Coconut chutney is very delicious and the recipe of this chutney is also very easy. This delicious Coconut chutney is now famous all over India, but it originated in South India, because in the coastal regions of South India coconuts were grown.
There are different recipes with a few different ingredients to make delicious coconut chutney. It is very easy to make South Indian coconut chutney at home to enjoy with South Indian dish dosa and idli. All you have to do is grind fresh coconut with chilli, ginger and curd and add mustard seeds for tempering. By following this recipe, you can make delicious chutney at home and you will know how good the chutney tastes.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 2 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
coconut chutney Ingredients
|Fresh Coconut Chopped||1 Cup||Ginger Grated||1 Teaspoon|
|Green Chilli||2||Roasted Gram Lentils (Chana Dal)||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh Curd||1 Tablespoon||Chaat Masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Water||1/2 Cup|
|Cumin Seed||1/2 Teaspoon||Mustard Seeds (Rai)||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Dry Red Chilli||1||Curry Leaves||4 - 5|
|Ghee or Oil||1 Teaspoon|
Direction To Make
- Grind the chopped coconut in the grinder and make a coarse powder. Transfer it to a bowl and set it aside.
- Grind green chilli, ginger and roasted gram lentils (Channa dal) in the grinder and make a smooth powder from it.
- Add coarse powder of coconut, curd, salt, chaat masala and 1/2 cup water to it.
- Grind them together to make a paste. You can add some more water to make the chutney as per your preference and grind again to mix.
- Heat ghee or oil in a tempering pan on medium heat. When the ghee gets hot, add mustard seeds to it. When the seeds starts crackle, add cumin seeds, curry leaves and red chillies. Fry it for 10 - 15 seconds. Turn off the heat, the tempering is ready.
- Immediately add hot tempering to the coconut paste and mix well. Coconut chutney is ready.
- You can use immediately or store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Enjoy the coconut chutney with idli, dosa or other South Indian dishes.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
To read the recipe in Hindi: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious coconut chutney
Gobhi 65Gobhi 65 or Gobi 65 is an delicious snacks, a deep fried crispy snacks, made from cauliflower, yogurt and spices. 65 dishes such as Chicken 65, aloo 65, Paneer 65 etc. are the popular snacks in South...
Bread RollBread roll is a delicious and popular snack in India, the delicious snack is easy to make at home, if you already boil potatoes you can prepare the delicious snack in about 25 minutes. The process of...
Paneer TikkaPaneer tikka is the most common and delicious starter in restaurants, parties and functions. There are many different ways to cook Paneer Tikka, a delicious starter. The authentic method of making a a...
Cheese PizzaCheese Pizza is a delicious Italian dish, with a flat round base made from refined flour (maida) or whole wheat flour, which is baked with cheese and some various vegetables such as mushrooms, etc. a...
Cheese Masala MacaroniCheese Masala Macaroni is a mouth watering and delicious pasta, cooked in Indian style with sauces, spices and cheese. Macaroni is a dish that can be enjoyed at any time of the day, be it brunch, or a...