How To Make Delicious Chilli Potato
Chilli Potato Recipe
Chilli Potato is an Indo-Chinese delicious starter, served mostly as snacks and appetizers at functions and parties. Chili Potato recipe is almost like dry chilli paneer but to make chili potato we use potatoes cut into long strips instead of paneer cubes. To make the Chili Potato, first cut the potatoes into long strips and boil them partially and fried to make crispy later cooked in a thick gravy of sauces which is almost dry. This detailed recipe of chilli potato gives you all the information about chili potato in detail so that you can easily make delicious hot & spicy potato potatoes at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
chilli potato Ingredients
|Potatoes||3 Large||Water||As Needed|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon + 1/2 Teaspoon or A Per Taste||Corn flour||1/4 Cup + 1 Tablespoon|
|Refined Flour (Maida)||1/4 Cup||Oil||For Deep Fry|
|Ghee or Oil||1 Tablespoon||White Sesame Seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Red Chilli Flakes||1/2 Teaspoon Or As Per Taste||Garlic, Finely Chopped||1 Tablespoon|
|Green Chilli||2, Cut in length||Green Onion (Spring onion), Finely Chopped||4, Keep White and Green Part Separate|
|Capsicum, Sliced||1 Medium||Tomato Ketchup||2 Tablespoon|
|Red Chilli Sauce||1 Tablespoon Or As Per Taste||Soy Sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Black Pepper||A Pinch||Chaat Masala||To Sprinkle|
Direction To Make
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into a long strip of about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Heat 3 - 4 cups of water in a large pan on medium heat. Add potato strips and 1/2 teaspoon salt to it and allow them to boil. Boil them for about 5 minutes until the potato strip becomes slightly soft. Do not boil the potato strip too much otherwise it will break.
- Turn off the gas. Using a perforated spoon, take the boiled potato strip out of the water, you can transfer them to a colander or strainer to drain all the water. Transfer the boiled potato strip to the bowl.
Making Chilli Potato
- In another bowl take 1/4 cup corn flour and 1/4 cup maida and mix well. Slowly add water and mix well and make a thick batter. Make sure there should be no lumps.
- Add partially boiled potato strips and mix well so that the potato strips are well coated with corn flour and maida batter.
- Heat the oil in a pan for deep fry on medium heat. When the oil is hot, carefully slide the potato strips into the oil, sliding the strips one by one, to prevent them from sticking together. Fry all potato strips in 1 or 2 batches. Fry the potato strips till they turn light brown.
- Take out the fried potato strips and place them in a plate on top of the tissue paper to soak up the excess oil.
- In a small bowl add one tablespoon corn flour and 4 tbsp water and mix well and keep the batter aside to use later. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a non-stick pan on medium heat. Add red chili flakes, white sesame seeds, finely chopped garlic, 4-5 slice of spring onions (white part) and green chilies. Fry them on medium heat stirring continuously for about 30 - 40 seconds.
- Add sliced capsicum and fry for a minute, stirring continuously. Add sauces such as tomato ketchup, soy sauce and red chili sauce and mix well.
- Turn up the heat to high. Add corn flour batter and mix well. Cook the mixture on high heat for about 1 - 2 minutes, stirring continuously, until the mixture becomes thick.
- Add fried potato strips and black pepper to it and mix well. Add spring onion (green part) to it and mix well.
- Turn off the gas.
- Chili Potato is ready. Serve hot delicious starter and enjoy.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious chilli potaLeander Fernandes
Mango SalsaMango Salsa is a delicious Mexican dish, people also eat it as a salad. Mango Salsa is not only delicious but a very popular Mexican dish. Mexicans love the dish so much that during the mango season,...
Aloo TikkiAloo Tikki is a delicious street food which is a spicy, crispy and very popular in India. It is made by fried the boiled potatoes with Indian spices. Indian Street Food Aloo Tikki is so crisp and of a...
Cheese Potato BallsA delicious ball-shaped snack, "Cheese Potato Balls" are made with potatoes, capsicum, cheese, bread crumbs and spices. Cheese Potato Balls are a delicious and easiest starter for your home party that...
Honey Chilli PotatoHoney Chilli Potato is an Indo-Chinese dish and a delicious starter, red chili sauce and sweet honey make the dish delicious and favorite to all. Dish honey chilli potatoes are very much liked by as a...
Paneer TikkaPaneer tikka is the most common and delicious starter in restaurants, parties and functions. There are many different ways to cook Paneer Tikka, a delicious starter. The authentic method of making a a...