How to Make Chicken Tikka
Chicken Tikka Recipe
Chicken Tikka - A roasted chicken dish and most famous tandoori non veg appetizers or starter of chicken in India. The dish is such a delicious starter of roasted chicken that it is very popular all over the world. In the traditional method of making chicken tikka, boneless chicken is marinate in the curd and spices and then roasted in the tandoor. The term tikka is used for a small bite-size piece or cube, grilled on a barbecue or roasted in a tandoor. I am sharing here the Chicken Tikka recipe wherein boneless chicken cubes are marinated in a mixture of whisked curd and spices and then roasted on tawa (griddle). You can also grill in barbecue or fry tikka to perfection in the tandoor or oven.
- Preparation Time :
- 1 Hour
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
chicken tikka Ingredients
Ingredients of chicken tikka
|Boneless Breast||300 Gram||Salt||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder||2 Teaspoon||Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger Paste||1 Teaspoon||Lemon Juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic Paste||1 Teaspoon||Curd||2 Tablespoon|
|Tandoori Masala||1 Teaspoon||Garam Masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard Oil||2 Tablespoon|
Wash and clean the chicken. In a large bowl cut the boneless chicken into large bite-size pieces.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder, chaat masala, ginger paste, garlic paste and lemon juice and mix well.
- To marinate well, cover the bowl and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Open the bowl after 15 minutes and add curd, tandoori masala, garam masala, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon Kashmir red chili powder and mustard oil and mix well.
- Cover the bowl and keep it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to 1 hour to marinate.
- Take the bowl out of the refrigerator and mix again. Take clean and dry steel skewers (you can also use bamboo skewers, but soak them well before use to avoid burning). Carefully arrange the marinated chicken in the skewer.
- For longer chicken pieces, bend them once or twice so that the chicken sets properly. Set 3 - 4 chicken pieces in a long skewer or according to the size of the skewer and chicken pieces.
- Place the skewer with the chicken in a large plate and set the remaining chicken pieces in the skewer in this way.
- Heat a tawa (griddle) on high heat. When it gets hot, apply some oil to it using a brush to avoid sticking.
- Arrange chicken skewers on a hot tawa. Cook the chicken for a minute on high heat. Carefully flip the skewer and cook again for a minute. In this way, cook the chicken on all sides for 1 minute.
- In this way cook all the skewers and transfer to the plate again.
- Turn off the gas. Remove the tawa from the gas and also remove the metal frame of the gas. Take aluminum foil and cut a hole of the size of a gas burner in the center and set it around the gas burner.
- Aluminum foil will help keep the gas clean. Re-set the metal frame on aluminum foil and remove it. This will install aluminum foil properly.
- Switch on the gas and keep the flame on medium. Now take half the roasted chicken and roast it directly on the flame. Roast the chicken on a direct flame from each side till the chicken is well roasted.
- Likewise roast all the chicken pieces in all the skewers.
- Delicious Chicken Tikka is ready. Remove the chicken pieces from the skewer and transfer it to a serving bowl. Enjoy the hot chicken tikka with green pudina sauce or tomato sauce.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious chicken tikka
Fried ChickenFried chicken is a crispy and delicious snack made by deep fried the seasoned chicken, to make delicious fried chicken, first the chicken pieces are marinated in buttermilk, then coat with refined and...
Fried ChickenFried chicken is a delicious chicken snacks, in which the chicken pieces are coated with refined flour, then dipped in egg batter and again coated with refined flour and finely deep fried until it is...
Chicken Frankie RollChicken Frankie Roll or Chicken Roll or Chicken Frankie is nothing but a stuffed roti filled with the mixture of chicken and egg. Chicken Frankie is so delicious that everyone loves it, from children...
Kharode Ka SoupKhorode ka soup, also known as mutton paya soup or bone broth. This delicious soup with its spicy taste is a very favorite soup in India. This tasty kharode ka soup is good for rapid recovery of bone...