Murgh Lababdar or Chicken Lababdar is a delicious chicken dish that can be easily made at home. Basically, chicken lababdar is a type of butter chicken with a twist. The creamy, smooth, rich and silky chicken is so delicious that with every bite, you will demand more. Chicken Lababdar can be served with roti, butter-naan or rice. Smooth, rich and silky gravy is a specialty of delicious Indian cuisine and the delicious gravy is rich in cream and butter, especially when the dish is from North India. Lababdar gravy is one of the delicious gravy of North Indian cuisine. Chicken lababdar is one of the delicious dishes from Mughlai cuisine, with silky smooth and rich gravy. Follow the Chicken Labdar recipe and easily make delicious Chicken Lababdar at home.
- Preparation Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 35 Minutes
- Meal Type :
|Chicken||600 Gram||Ginger Paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic Paste||1 Tablespoon||Onion, Sliced||1 Large|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium||Curd||1/2 Cup|
|Red Chilli Powder||3/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Roasted Cumin Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon||Turmeric Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||1/2 Teaspoon||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Kasoori Methi||1 Teaspoon||Fresh Cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Cashewnuts||10 - 15||Water||As Needed|
|Ghee or Oil||1/2 Cup||Coriander Leaves, Chopped||2 Tablespoon|
- Take cashew nuts in a grinder and grind them finely by adding 2 tablespoons water. Keep it aside for later use.
- Grind the tomatoes in a grinder and make a fine puree and keep aside.
- Wash the chicken thoroughly.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Add ghee or oil to it. When the ghee gets medium hot, add sliced onions and fry them till they turn golden brown, while stirring continuously.
- When the onion turns brown, add 2 teaspoons of water carefully and mix well. Add ginger paste and garlic paste and fry for about 1 minute until the raw aroma is gone.
- Add dried spices like red chilli powder, coriander powder, roasted cumin powder and turmeric powder and mix well. If it sticks to the bottom, add 2 tablespoons of water to it and mix well. Fry for 2 minutes on medium heat until the oil separates from it, stirring continuously.
- Once the oil separates from it add chicken and mix well, cover the pan and saute on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Open the pan and mix well. Increase heat on high flame. Add yogurt to it and mix well. Stir it occasionally and fry till the oil separates.
- Add tomato puree and mix well. Cover the pan and cook the chicken for about 15 - 20 minutes until it becomes soft and tender, while stirring occasionally after every 4 to 5 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, when the chicken becomes soft and tender, add cashew paste, fresh cream and kasoori methi and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and mix well. Allow it to boil over high heat. When it starts boiling then reduce the heat and cover the pan and let it simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- chicken lababdar is ready. add some chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Turn off the gas and transfer the delicious chicken lababdar to the serving bowl.
- Serve hot chicken lababdar with roti, parathas, butter naan or rice.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
How to Make Chicken...Korma dishes are Mughlai dishes consisting of a delicious creamy gravy filled with curd, dry fruits, onions and spices. Korma dish can be vegetarian or non-vegetarian, non-vegetarian korma dish is of...
How to Make Chicken...korma recipe has a delicious gravy which is usually made with curd, dry fruits, onions and spices. Korma dish can be non-vegetarian or vegetarian, made from mutton, chicken or vegetables. This dish in...
Nargisi KoftaNargisi Kofta is a rich and exotic Mughlai recipe, the dish is made with a combination of keema (minced chicken, minced mutton or minced lamb) and boiled eggs. Hard boiled eggs are wrapped in minced a...
Nargisi KoftaNargisi Kofta is a rich Mughlai dish made of boiled eggs wrapped with minced meat (chicken, mutton or lamb) in creamy tomato curd gravy. To make koftas first boiled eggs are wrapped with spicy minced...
Fish CurryFish is one of the healthiest and most preferred seafood and fish curry is one of the delicious and most famous fish dish which can be easily made at home. Fish curry is not only an easy recipe but to...