Chicken Ghee Roast
Chicken Ghee Roast
Chicken Ghee Roast is a delicious dish from Mangalore in India. This dish is an ideal combination of chicken with spices which is roasted in desi ghee (clarified butter). It is a spicy and delicious dish. Chicken ghee roast from the city of Mangalore, Karnataka in India is a delicious and popular chicken dish. This dish originated in Kundapur, a small town near Mangalore. There are many recipes for making Chicken Ghee Roast, we are sharing a recipe so that you can easily make Chicken Ghee Roast at home.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 50 Minutes
- Meal Type :
For Chicken Stock
|Desi Ghee||2 Tablespoon||Chicken With Bones||300 Grams|
|Black Peppercorn||5 - 6||Black Cardamom||1|
|Cashew Nuts||12 - 15||Water||1 Liter|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Bay leaves||1 - 2|
For Byadgi Chilli Paste
|Dry Whole Byadgi Chilli||1/2 Cup||Garlic||4 - 5 Cloves|
For Chicken Ghee Roast
|Ghee||1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoon||Whole Chicken||1/2|
|Byadgi Chilli Paste||1/2 Cup||Jaggery||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh Coriander Leaves||For Garnish|
- Make several minor cuts on the whole chicken, but do not cut into pieces.
Byadgi Chilli Paste
- Soak the byadgi chillies in water overnight. Next morning transfer it to the grinder, add garlic to it and grind it to make a fine paste.
- Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a large pan. When the ghee gets hot, add 300 grams of chicken and roast it well.
- Add black pepper, black cardamom, cashew, water, salt and bay leaves and mix well. Allow it to boil on medium heat for about 35 - 40 minutes. Remove the impurities floating on the surface of the chicken stock.
- Boil the whole chicken for 1 - 2 minute in the chicken stock on medium heat and remove it and keep it aside.
- After 30 - 35 minutes, remove the chicken pieces, bay leaves and black cardamom from the stock. Blend the stock using a hand blender. Chicken stock is ready. Turn off the gas.
Chicken Ghee Roast
- Cut the chicken into pieces in the size of your choice.
- Heat 1/2 cup ghee in a non-stick pan. When the ghee becomes medium hot. Add chicken and cook for a while.
- Add baydgi chilli paste and mix well. Cook the chicken on medium heat for about 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add 1-2 ladle of chicken stock to it and mix well. Cook it for a minute and add 2 tablespoon of ghee to it and mix it well.
- Cook it on medium heat until the chicken becomes soft and the ghee separates. Taste the gravy for salt, add salt if required according to your taste and mix well.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon jaggery to the last and mix well.
- Turn off the gas. Delicious Chicken Ghee Roast is ready. Transfer delicious chicken to serving plate. Enjoy delicious Mangalorean Chicken Ghee Roast at your home.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
How to Make Chicken...Korma dishes are Mughlai dishes consisting of a delicious creamy gravy filled with curd, dry fruits, onions and spices. Korma dish can be vegetarian or non-vegetarian, non-vegetarian korma dish is of...
How to Make Chicken...korma recipe has a delicious gravy which is usually made with curd, dry fruits, onions and spices. Korma dish can be non-vegetarian or vegetarian, made from mutton, chicken or vegetables. This dish in...
Nargisi KoftaNargisi Kofta is a rich Mughlai dish made of boiled eggs wrapped with minced meat (chicken, mutton or lamb) in creamy tomato curd gravy. To make koftas first boiled eggs are wrapped with spicy minced...
Nargisi KoftaNargisi Kofta is a rich and exotic Mughlai recipe, the dish is made with a combination of keema (minced chicken, minced mutton or minced lamb) and boiled eggs. Hard boiled eggs are wrapped in minced a...
Fish CurryFish is one of the healthiest and most preferred seafood and fish curry is one of the delicious and most famous fish dish which can be easily made at home. Fish curry is not only an easy recipe but to...