Chicken Ghee Roast
Chicken Ghee Roast
Chicken Ghee Roast is a delicious dish from Mangalore in India. This dish is an ideal combination of chicken with spices which is roasted in desi ghee (clarified butter). It is a spicy and delicious dish. Chicken ghee roast from the city of Mangalore, Karnataka in India is a delicious and popular chicken dish. This dish originated in Kundapur, a small town near Mangalore. There are many recipes for making Chicken Ghee Roast, we are sharing a recipe so that you can easily make Chicken Ghee Roast at home.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 50 Minutes
- Meal Type :
chicken ghee roast Ingredients
Ingredients of chicken ghee roast
For Chicken Stock
|Desi Ghee||2 Tablespoon||Chicken With Bones||300 Grams|
|Black Peppercorn||5 - 6||Black Cardamom||1|
|Cashew Nuts||12 - 15||Water||1 Liter|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Bay leaves||1 - 2|
For Byadgi Chilli Paste
|Dry Whole Byadgi Chilli||1/2 Cup||Garlic||4 - 5 Cloves|
For Chicken Ghee Roast
|Ghee||1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoon||Whole Chicken||1/2|
|Byadgi Chilli Paste||1/2 Cup||Jaggery||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh Coriander Leaves||For Garnish|
- Make several minor cuts on the whole chicken, but do not cut into pieces.
Byadgi Chilli Paste
- Soak the byadgi chillies in water overnight. Next morning transfer it to the grinder, add garlic to it and grind it to make a fine paste.
- Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a large pan. When the ghee gets hot, add 300 grams of chicken and roast it well.
- Add black pepper, black cardamom, cashew, water, salt and bay leaves and mix well. Allow it to boil on medium heat for about 35 - 40 minutes. Remove the impurities floating on the surface of the chicken stock.
- Boil the whole chicken for 1 - 2 minute in the chicken stock on medium heat and remove it and keep it aside.
- After 30 - 35 minutes, remove the chicken pieces, bay leaves and black cardamom from the stock. Blend the stock using a hand blender. Chicken stock is ready. Turn off the gas.
Chicken Ghee Roast
- Cut the chicken into pieces in the size of your choice.
- Heat 1/2 cup ghee in a non-stick pan. When the ghee becomes medium hot. Add chicken and cook for a while.
- Add baydgi chilli paste and mix well. Cook the chicken on medium heat for about 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add 1-2 ladle of chicken stock to it and mix well. Cook it for a minute and add 2 tablespoon of ghee to it and mix it well.
- Cook it on medium heat until the chicken becomes soft and the ghee separates. Taste the gravy for salt, add salt if required according to your taste and mix well.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon jaggery to the last and mix well.
- Turn off the gas. Delicious Chicken Ghee Roast is ready. Transfer delicious chicken to serving plate. Enjoy delicious Mangalorean Chicken Ghee Roast at your home.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious chicken ghee roast
Nargisi KoftaNargisi Kofta is a rich Mughlai dish made of boiled eggs wrapped with minced meat (chicken, mutton or lamb) in creamy tomato curd gravy. To make koftas first boiled eggs are wrapped with spicy minced...
Fried ChickenFried chicken is a delicious chicken snacks, in which the chicken pieces are coated with refined flour, then dipped in egg batter and again coated with refined flour and finely deep fried until it is...
Chicken 65Chicken 65 is a deep fried and spicy chicken starter dish, which is very popular in India especially in South India. Perfect Chicken 65 Recipe in Restaurant Style. If you are fond of eating chicken 65...
Chicken TikkaChicken Tikka - One of the most famous chicken appetizers or starter in India. To make chicken tikka, traditionally the chicken is roasted on the tandoor after marinating. It is such a delicious that...