Chicken Biryani recipe
Biryani is an most delicious and amazing royal dish made from rice, which is introduced to Indians by the Mughals. Biryani can be vegetarian or non-veg. Chicken Biryani is one of the delicious Biryani in the non-veg category. The delicious chicken biryani is a great treat for the guest for any special occasions or party. Chicken biryani requires some time and expertise to cook in authentic dum style. Chicken biryani is traditionally made by layering of half cooked rice, chicken and again rice, saffron milk and ghee and cooked in a covered handi. Everyone loves delicious chicken biryani, but when it comes time to cook biryani at home, we go a step back because of the cooking process. But you will love to cook Chicken Biryani when you learn the right and easy process. Here we are sharing the best recipe of Chicken Biryani.
- Preparation Time :
- 3 Hour 30 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 40 Minutes
- Meal Type :
chicken biryani Ingredients
Ingredients of chicken biryani
MyDelicious Recipes-Chicken Biryani
|Basmati Rice||1 Kg||Cloves||4|
|Cinnamon||1/2 Inch||Green Cardamom||2|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Ghee, Melted||1/4 Cup|
|Chicken||1 Kg||Onion, Sliced||4 Medium|
|Fried Onion ( Birista)||2 Tablespoon||Saffron Water||1 Tablespoon|
|Mint Leaves (Pudina)||Beaten Curd||1/2 Cup|
|Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon||Degi Chili Powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Green Chili Paste||1/2 Teaspoon||Ginger Paste||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic Paste||1/2 Tablespoon||Green Chilli, Slit||3 - 4 or As Per Taste|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Ghee||1 Tablespoon||Water||1/4 Cup|
|Milk||1/2 Cup||Saffron Water||2 Tablespoon|
|Mint Leaves (Pudina), Chopped||Fried Onion ( Birista)||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||To Taste||Rose Water||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Kewra Water||Few Drops||Coriander Leaves, Chopped||1 Tablespoon|
- Wash and rinse the rice and soak for about 20 minutes.
- Heat the water in a pan, add ghee, cloves, salt, green cardamom, cinnamon and soaked rice to it and let it boil once and cook the rice on low heat till the rice is 80% cooked.
- After cooking about 80% of the rice, turn off the gas and remove all the water from it using a strainer. Spread it on a large plate.
- Wash and clean the chicken thoroughly.
- Take chicken in a large bowl, add chopped onion, fried onion (birista), saffron water, few minutes leaves, beaten curd, coriander powder, degi chili powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chilli and Add salt and mix them well. Keep it to marinate for 3 hours.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a pan. Once the ghee is medium hot, add the marinated chicken to it and fry it on high flame for about 8 - 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Take a big handi (pan), spread a layer of half cooked rice and spread the chicken pieces evenly over it and spread gravy on top of the chicken and spread the remaining rice over it.
- Add 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup milk, 2 tablespoons saffron water, 1 tablespoon ghee, some mint leaves, handful of coriander leaves, 1 tablespoon fried onions (birista), salt in a pan in which the chicken is fried and Mix well so that the spices sticking to the pan dissolve in the water.
- Spread this mixture in the biryani pan over the rice. Add 2 tablespoons of saffron water, 1/2 teaspoon rose water and a few drops of kewra. Cover the handi with a lid and cook on a low flame, sealing the edges with flour. Cook the biryani on low heat for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Delicious Chicken Biryani is ready. Transfer the biryani to the serving plate. Serve hot chicken biryani with raita.
To get the video for the recipe: Click Here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious chicken biryaniLeander Fernandes
Chicken AfghaniAfghani Chicken is a delicious super creamy chicken dish, is cooked in a different way with a thick curd gravy. Afghani Chicken is not only delicious but also very easy to make at home, neither tomato...
Shrimp TacosTaco is a Mexican traditional dish, made by filling meat, seafood (shrimp, fish) or vegetables in a tortilla made of wheat or corn. The tortilla is fold in such a way that all the filling can be and...
Chicken QuesadillaQuesadilla is a very popular Mexican dish that is very delicious. Both vegetarian or non-vegetarian quesadilla dishes are very tasty. Here we are sharing recipe of Chicken Quasadilla a Mexican Dish, a...
Chicken BarraChicken Barra, also known as Chicken Barrah or Murg Barrah, is an authentic, delicious chicken recipe. The Chicken Barra is an tempting and delicious chicken gravy dish made with chicken, fried cream,...