Biryani is an most delicious and amazing royal dish made from rice, which is introduced to Indians by the Mughals. Biryani can be vegetarian or non-veg. Chicken Biryani is one of the delicious Biryani in the non-veg category. The delicious chicken biryani is a great treat for the guest for any special occasions or party. Chicken biryani requires some time and expertise to cook in authentic dum style. Chicken biryani is traditionally made by layering of half cooked rice, chicken and again rice, saffron milk and ghee and cooked in a covered handi. Everyone loves delicious chicken biryani, but when it comes time to cook biryani at home, we go a step back because of the cooking process. But you will love to cook Chicken Biryani when you learn the right and easy process.
- Preparation Time :
- 3 Hour 30 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 40 Minutes
- Meal Type :
|Basmati Rice||1 Kg||Cloves||4|
|Cinnamon||1/2 Inch||Green Cardamom||2|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Ghee, Melted||1/4 Cup|
|Chicken||1 Kg||Onion, Sliced||4 Medium|
|Fried Onion ( Birista)||2 Tablespoon||Saffron Water||1 Tablespoon|
|Mint Leaves (Pudina)||Beaten Curd||1/2 Cup|
|Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon||Degi Chili Powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Green Chili Paste||1/2 Teaspoon||Ginger Paste||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic Paste||1/2 Tablespoon||Green Chilli, Slit||3 - 4 or As Per Taste|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Ghee||1 Tablespoon||Water||1/4 Cup|
|Milk||1/2 Cup||Saffron Water||2 Tablespoon|
|Mint Leaves (Pudina), Chopped||Fried Onion ( Birista)||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||To Taste||Rose Water||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Kevda Water||Few Drops||Coriander Leaves, Chopped||1 Tablespoon|
- Wash and rinse the rice and soak for about 20 minutes.
- Heat the water in a pan, add ghee, cloves, salt, green cardamom, cinnamon and soaked rice to it and let it boil once and cook the rice on low heat till the rice is 80% cooked.
- After cooking about 80% of the rice, turn off the gas and remove all the water from it using a strainer. Spread it on a large plate.
- Wash and clean the chicken thoroughly.
- Take chicken in a large bowl, add chopped onion, fried onion (birista), saffron water, few minutes leaves, beaten curd, coriander powder, degi chili powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chilli and Add salt and mix them well. Keep it to marinate for 3 hours.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a pan. Once the ghee is medium hot, add the marinated chicken to it and fry it on high flame for about 8 - 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Take a big handi (pan), spread a layer of half cooked rice and spread the chicken pieces evenly over it and spread gravy on top of the chicken and spread the remaining rice over it.
- Add 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup milk, 2 tablespoons saffron water, 1 tablespoon ghee, some mint leaves, handful of coriander leaves, 1 tablespoon fried onions (birista), salt in a pan in which the chicken is fried and Mix well so that the spices sticking to the pan dissolve in the water.
- Spread this mixture in the biryani pan over the rice. Add 2 tablespoons of saffron water, 1/2 teaspoon rose water and a few drops of kevda. Cover the handi with a lid and cook on a low flame, sealing the edges with flour. Cook the biryani on low heat for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Delicious Chicken Biryani is ready. Transfer the biryani to the serving plate. Serve hot chicken biryani with raita.
To get the video for the recipe: Click Here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Fried ChickenFried chicken is a crispy and delicious snack made by deep fried the seasoned chicken, to make delicious fried chicken, first the chicken pieces are marinated in buttermilk, then coat with refined and...
Fried ChickenFried chicken is a delicious chicken snacks, in which the chicken pieces are coated with refined flour, then dipped in egg batter and again coated with refined flour and finely deep fried until it is...
Amritsari Fish FryAmritsari fried fish is one of the most popular and delicious dishes. This is a hassle free and delicious snack that you can easily make for your guest at the party, you should try to make the fried ....
Amritsari Fish FryAmritsari fried fish is a delicious seafood. If you are looking for a delicious and hassle-free snack for the party, then you should try everyone's favorite Amritsari fried fish, which you can offer a...
Chicken Ghee RoastChicken Ghee Roast is a delicious dish from Mangalore in India. This dish is an ideal combination of chicken with spices which is roasted in desi ghee (clarified butter). It is a spicy and delicious a...