How To Make Chicken Dum Biryani
Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe
Biryani is an most delicious and amazing royal dish made from rice, which is introduced to Indians by the Mughals. Biryani can be vegetarian or non-veg. Chicken Biryani is one of the delicious Biryani in the non-veg category. The delicious chicken biryani is a great treat for the guest for any special occasions or party. Chicken biryani requires some time and expertise to cook in authentic dum style. Chicken biryani is traditionally made by layering of half cooked rice, chicken and again rice, saffron milk and ghee and cooked in a covered handi. Everyone loves delicious chicken biryani, but when it comes time to cook biryani at home, we go a step back because of the cooking process. But you will love to cook Chicken Biryani when you learn the right recipe and easy process. Here we are sharing the best recipe of Chicken Biryani.
- Preparation Time :
- 3 Hour 30 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 40 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
chicken biryani Ingredients
|Basmati Rice||1 Kg||Cloves||4|
|Cinnamon||1/2 Inch||Green Cardamom||2|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Ghee, Melted||1/4 Cup|
|Chicken||1 Kg||Onion, Sliced||4 Medium|
|Fried Onion ( Birista)||2 Tablespoon||Saffron Water||1 Tablespoon|
|Mint Leaves (Pudina)||Beaten Curd||1/2 Cup|
|Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon||Degi Chili Powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Green Chili Paste||1/2 Teaspoon||Ginger Paste||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic Paste||1/2 Tablespoon||Green Chilli, Slit||3 - 4 or As Per Taste|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Ghee||1 Tablespoon||Water||1/4 Cup|
|Milk||1/2 Cup||Saffron Water||2 Tablespoon|
|Mint Leaves (Pudina), Chopped||Fried Onion ( Birista)||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||To Taste||Rose Water||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Kewra Water||Few Drops||Coriander Leaves, Chopped||1 Tablespoon|
Direction To Make
- Wash and rinse the rice and soak for about 20 minutes.
- Heat the water in a pan, add ghee, cloves, salt, green cardamom, cinnamon and soaked rice to it and let it boil once and cook the rice on low heat till the rice is 80% cooked.
- After cooking about 80% of the rice, turn off the gas and remove all the water from it using a strainer. Spread it on a large plate.
- Wash and clean the chicken thoroughly.
- Take chicken in a large bowl, add chopped onion, fried onion (birista), saffron water, few minutes leaves, beaten curd, coriander powder, degi chili powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chilli and Add salt and mix them well. Keep it to marinate for 3 hours.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a pan. Once the ghee is medium hot, add the marinated chicken to it and fry it on high flame for about 8 - 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Take a big handi (pan), spread a layer of half cooked rice and spread the chicken pieces evenly over it and spread gravy on top of the chicken and spread the remaining rice over it.
- Add 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup milk, 2 tablespoons saffron water, 1 tablespoon ghee, some mint leaves, handful of coriander leaves, 1 tablespoon fried onions (birista), salt in a pan in which the chicken is fried and Mix well so that the spices sticking to the pan dissolve in the water.
- Spread this mixture in the biryani pan over the rice. Add 2 tablespoons of saffron water, 1/2 teaspoon rose water and a few drops of kewra. Cover the handi with a lid and cook on a low flame, sealing the edges with flour. Cook the biryani on low heat for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Delicious Chicken Biryani is ready. Transfer the biryani to the serving plate. Serve hot chicken biryani with raita.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 2.04 : 0.03 : 0.02 : 0.01 : 0.0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious chicken biryaniLeander Fernandes
Chicken LababdarChicken Lababdar or Murgh Lababdar is a delicious dish of chicken, which can be made quickly and easily at home. Chicken lababdar is dilicious dish very much similar to Butter Chicken. Murgh or is so...
Chicken Frankie RollChicken Frankie Roll or Chicken Roll or Chicken Frankie is nothing but a stuffed roti filled with the mixture of chicken and egg. The Chicken Frankie is so delicious that everyone loves it, from to or...
Mutton KormaMutton is use to make many delicious dishes and mutton korma is one of them. Delicious Mutton Korma is most favorite among those who like non-veg dishes especially mutton. Mutton korma is a famous in...
Mutton Stock For Wazwan...Mutton stock is the delicious mutton bone extract that is used as the base for many soups, sauces and other recipes. Mutton stock is also known as mutton broth. Mutton Stock Recipe for Wazwan dishes....
Mutton CurryMutton Masala Gravy or Mutton Curry is a spicy and delicious mutton dish in the Indian style made of tender and soft pieces of goat meat or lamb meat with delicious spicy onion gravy. Delicious mutton...