Chicken Barra, also known as Chicken Barrah or Murg Barrah, is an authentic, delicious chicken recipe. The Chicken Barra is an tempting and delicious chicken gravy dish made with chicken, fried onions, cream, cashew paste and traditional aromatic spices. Chicken Barra is rich in flavor with delicious gravy and can be served with Roti, butter Naan, Paratha, or Rice. We are sharing here delicious chicken barra recipe, by following this easy recipe you can easily make this delicious chicken dish at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 40 Minutes
- Meal Type :
|Chicken||1 Kg||Red Chilli Powder||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Green Chilli, Finely Chopped||1 - 2 As Per Taste|
|Coriander Leaves, Chopped||1/4 Cup||Ginger Paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic Paste||1 Teaspoon||Black Pepper Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||1 Teaspoon||Lemon Juice||Juice of 1/2 Lemon|
|Beaten Curd||1 Cup||Onions, Fried and Crushed||1 Cup|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Cinnamon Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Ghee or Oil||1 Tablespoon|
To Cook Chicken
|Ghee or Oil||2 Tablespoon||Marinated Chicken|
|Ghee or Oil||1 1/2 Tablespoon||Ginger Paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic Paste||1 Teaspoon||Fried Onions Paste||1 Cup|
|Tomatoes||5 medium||Cashew Nut Paste||1/2 Cup|
|Green Chillies, Finely Chopped||1 - 2 As per Choice||Beaten Curd||1/2 Cup|
|Water||1 Cup||Salt||As Per Taste|
|Garam Masala||1/4 Teaspoon||Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Black Pepper Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Fenugreek Powder (Kasoori Methi)||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh Cream||For Garnish||Dried Fenugreek (Kasoori Methi)||For Garnish|
|Coriander Leaves||For Garnish||Lemon Juice|
To fry the onion, sliced 3 - 4 large onions, heat 2 tablespoons ghee and fry the sliced onions till they turn golden brown and crisp, while stirring occasionally. Keep them aside.
- Wash and clean the chicken. Take chicken in a large bowl, add red chili powder, turmeric powder, chopped green chillies, coriander leaves, ginger paste, garlic paste, pepper powder, garam masala, lemon juice, beaten yogurt, fried and onion Add salt, cinnamon powder and ghee and mix well to coat all the spices on the chicken.
- Cover the bowl and keep the chicken to marinate for 1 hour.
Cook The Chicken
- Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a deep wok on high heat. When the ghee becomes hot, add the marinated chicken slowly and saute it for about 1-2 minutes on high flame while stirring continuously.
- Cover the wok and cook the chicken until it becomes soft and tender, while stirring occasionally to prevent from sticking and burning.
- Grind the fried onion and make a fine paste from it.
- Boil tomatoes and grind them to make puree.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoon ghee in another wok over high flame. When it gets hot, add ginger paste and garlic paste and fry it till the raw smell is gone.
- add the fried onion paste and fry for a few seconds while stirring continuously. Add tomato puree and fry until the oil separates, stirring occasionally.
- Add cashew paste and fry it again until the oil has slightly separates. Add finely chopped green chillies, beaten curd and mix well. Turn down the heat to medium and fry till the oil seperates, stirring occasionally.
- In between, check if the chicken is cooked and become soft and tender, stir well.
- When the oil separates from the gravy, add 1 cup of water to the gravy and mix well. Add salt as per your taste and mix well and let the gravy boil.
- Check the chicken again, until now it is cooked if not cooked for some more time. when chicken is done, add chicken to the gravy along with all the masala in the wok and mix well.
- Add garam masala, black pepper powder, chaat masala, fenugreek powder and 2 tablespoon cream and mix well. Turn off the gas.
- Now to give it a smoked flavor, place a small bowl of steel in the center of the wok and put a piece of burning coal in it and pour a big spoonful of ghee on the burning coal, and cover the wok with a lid so that the smoke mixes in the chicken and gives it a smoked flavor. Keep this for 5 minutes.
- Remove the coal bowl. Delicious chicken barra is ready.
- Transfer the delicious chicken barra to the serving bowl and garnish it with fresh cream, kasuri methi powder, coriander leaves along with some lemon juice.
- Enjoy it at your lunch or dinner with ROTI, Butter Naan or rice.
To get the video for the recipe: Click Here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Fried ChickenFried chicken is a crispy and delicious snack made by deep fried the seasoned chicken, to make delicious fried chicken, first the chicken pieces are marinated in buttermilk, then coat with refined and...
Fried ChickenFried chicken is a delicious chicken snacks, in which the chicken pieces are coated with refined flour, then dipped in egg batter and again coated with refined flour and finely deep fried until it is...
Amritsari Fish FryAmritsari fried fish is one of the most popular and delicious dishes. This is a hassle free and delicious snack that you can easily make for your guest at the party, you should try to make the fried ....
Amritsari Fish FryAmritsari fried fish is a delicious seafood. If you are looking for a delicious and hassle-free snack for the party, then you should try everyone's favorite Amritsari fried fish, which you can offer a...
Chicken Ghee RoastChicken Ghee Roast is a delicious and most popular Mangalorean Chicken dish. The dish is a spicy delicious chicken dish in which the chicken is roasted in desi ghee (clarified butter) with spices. is...