How To Make Chicken Barra
Delicious Chicken Barra Recipe
Chicken Barra, also known as Chicken Barrah or Murg Barrah, is an authentic, delicious chicken recipe. The Chicken Barra is an tempting and delicious chicken gravy dish made with chicken, fried onions, cream, cashew paste and traditional aromatic spices. Chicken Barra is rich in flavor with delicious gravy and can be served with Roti, butter Naan, Paratha, or Rice. We are sharing here chicken barra recipe, by following this easy recipe you can easily make the dish at your home.
Chicken Barra is a popular Indian dish consisting of tender chicken pieces that are marinated in a mixture of curd and spices and then grilled or baked in an oven for a smoky flavor. Chicken Barra is a popular dish in Punjabi cuisine, which originated in the North Indian state of Punjab.
To make Chicken Barra, chicken is first marinated in a mixture of curd and spices like ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, turmeric, garam masala, chili powder and lemon juice. The chicken is then left to marinate for at least 1 hour to infuse the flavors.
After the chicken is marinated, it is either grilled or baked in an oven till it is cooked well and the chicken pieces are tender. Cooking the chicken in the oven imparts a smoky flavor to the dish. The dish is garnished with fresh coriander and usually served with butter naan, roti or rice.
Chicken Bara is a tasty and healthy dish that is high in protein and low in fat. The combination of curd and spices used for marinating gives the chicken a tangy and aromatic flavor that will surely satisfy your taste buds. It is an ideal dish for a family dinner or any special occasion. Its smoky flavor and tender texture make it favorite among chicken lovers around the world.
- Preparation Time :
- 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 40 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
chicken barra Ingredients
|Chicken||1 Kg||Red Chilli Powder||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Green Chilli, Finely Chopped||1 - 2 As Per Taste|
|Coriander Leaves, Chopped||1/4 Cup||Ginger Paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic Paste||1 Teaspoon||Black Pepper Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||1 Teaspoon||Lemon Juice||Juice of 1/2 Lemon|
|Beaten Curd||1 Cup||Onions, Fried and Crushed||1 Cup|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Cinnamon Powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Ghee or Oil||1 Tablespoon|
To Cook Chicken
|Ghee or Oil||2 Tablespoon||Marinated Chicken|
|Ghee or Oil||1 1/2 Tablespoon||Ginger Paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic Paste||1 Teaspoon||Fried Onions Paste||1 Cup|
|Tomatoes||5 medium||Cashew Nut Paste||1/2 Cup|
|Green Chillies, Finely Chopped||1 - 2 As per Choice||Beaten Curd||1/2 Cup|
|Water||1 Cup||Salt||As Per Taste|
|Garam Masala||1/4 Teaspoon||Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Black Pepper Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Fenugreek Powder (Kasoori Methi)||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh Cream||For Garnish||Dried Fenugreek (Kasoori Methi)||For Garnish|
|Coriander Leaves||For Garnish||Lemon Juice|
Direction To Make
To fry the onion, sliced 3 - 4 large onions, heat 2 tablespoons ghee and fry the sliced onions till they turn golden brown and crisp, while stirring occasionally. Keep them aside.
Let's start the chicken barra recipe
- Wash and clean the chicken. Take chicken in a large bowl, add red chili powder, turmeric powder, chopped green chillies, coriander leaves, ginger paste, garlic paste, pepper powder, garam masala, lemon juice, beaten yogurt, fried and onion Add salt, cinnamon powder and ghee and mix well to coat all the spices on the chicken.
- Cover the bowl and keep the chicken to marinate for 1 hour.
Making Chicken Barra
- Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a deep wok on high heat. When the ghee becomes hot, add the marinated chicken slowly and saute it for about 1-2 minutes on high flame while stirring continuously.
- Cover the wok and cook the chicken until it becomes soft and tender, while stirring occasionally to prevent from sticking and burning.
- Grind the fried onion and make a fine paste from it.
- Boil tomatoes and grind them to make puree.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoon ghee in another wok over high flame. When it gets hot, add ginger paste and garlic paste and fry it till the raw smell is gone.
- Add the fried onion paste and fry for a few seconds while stirring continuously. Add tomato puree and fry until the oil separates, stirring occasionally.
- Then add cashew paste and fry it again until the oil has slightly separates. Add finely chopped green chillies, beaten curd and mix well. Turn down the heat to medium and fry till the oil seperates, stirring occasionally.
- In between, check if the chicken is cooked and become soft and tender, stir well.
- When the oil separates from the gravy, add 1 cup of water to the gravy and mix well. Add salt as per your taste and mix well and let the gravy boil.
- Check the chicken again, until now it is cooked if not cooked for some more time. when chicken is done, add chicken to the gravy along with all the masala in the wok and mix well.
- Add garam masala, black pepper powder, chaat masala, fenugreek powder and 2 tablespoon cream and mix well. Turn off the gas.
Add Smokey Flavor
- Now to give it a smoked flavor, place a small bowl of steel in the center of the wok and put a piece of burning coal in it and pour a big spoonful of ghee on the burning coal, and cover the wok with a lid so that the smoke mixes in the chicken and gives it a smoked flavor. Keep this for 5 minutes.
- Remove the coal bowl. Delicious chicken barra is ready.
- Transfer the delicious chicken barra to the serving bowl and garnish it with fresh cream, kasuri methi powder, coriander leaves along with some lemon juice.
- Enjoy it at your lunch or dinner with ROTI, Butter Naan or rice.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 1.04 : 0.03 : 0.02 : 0.01 : 0.0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious chicken barra
How To Make Chicken...korma recipe has a delicious gravy which is usually made with curd, dry fruits, onions and spices. Korma dish can be non-vegetarian or vegetarian, made from mutton, chicken or vegetables. This dish in...
Chicken AfghaniAfghani Chicken is a delicious super creamy chicken dish, is cooked in a different way with a thick curd gravy. Afghani Chicken is not only delicious but also very easy to make at home, neither tomato...
Shrimp TacosTacos is a Mexican traditional dish, made by filling meat, seafood (shrimp, fish) or vegetables in a tortilla made of wheat or corn. The tortilla is fold in such a way that all the filling can be and...
Chicken Frankie RollChicken Frankie Roll or Chicken Frankie or Chicken Roll is a stuffed roti filled with a mixture of eggs and chicken. Delicious Chicken Frankie is very famous Indian street food which is liked by as as...
Chicken Frankie RollChicken Frankie Roll or Chicken Roll or Chicken Frankie is nothing but a stuffed roti filled with the mixture of chicken and egg. The Chicken Frankie is so delicious that everyone loves it, from to or...