Adobo is a delicious and very popular dish in the Philippines. The cooking process in Philippines cuisine that includes seafood, meat or vegetables is marinated in soy sauce, vinegar, garlic and pepper, browned in oil, and boiled in marinades. Filipino Chicken Adobo is the most popular Adobo dish in the Philippines, to make Chicken Adobo, chicken is cooked with onion and garlic in soy sauce and vinegar. It is a tasty, savory but easy-to-make chicken dish, which has become a staple in every home in the Philippines. As you have cooked delicious chicken adobo in your kitchen, your home is filled with the sweet and sour aroma of the dish. By following this easy recipe of Chicken Adobo, you can easily make delicious Chicken Adobo at home.
- Cooking Time :
- 1 Hour
- Meal Type :
|Chicken Legs||1 Kg||Cooking Oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic, chopped||1/4 Cup||Onion, Chopped||3 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Black Pepper Powder||1 Teaspoon Or As Per Taste|
|Soy Sauce||1/4 Cup||Boiled Water||1 1/4 Cup|
|Fish Sauce||1 Tablespoon||Bay Leaves||4|
|Peppercorn||1 Teaspoon||Brown Sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Seasoning (Optional)||1/2 Teaspoon||Vinegar||1/4 Cup|
- Wash and clean the chicken legs. You can also take other chicken pieces of your choice.
- Heat a wok on medium heat. Add 2 tbsp of cooking oil to it, when the oil is moderate hot, add onion and fry it for about 30 - 40 seconds. Add garlic and fry it with stirring constantly until onion becomes translucent.
- Add chicken and fry it little for a while stirring continuously. Sprinkle salt and black pepper powder over it and fry the chicken on medium heat for 5 - 7 minutes until the chicken becomes light brown.
- Add soy sauce, fish sauce, boiled water, bay leaves, peppercorn, brown sugar and seasoning and mix well.
- Cover the pan and allow it to boil for about 12 - 15 minutes. Open the pan after 15 minutes and mix well. And vinegar, cover the pan again and simmer it for about 4 - 5 minutes.
- Open the pan and mix well. Cover it again and continue cooking until the sauce thickens.
- Delicious chicken adobo is ready. Turn off the gas and transfer it to the serving bowl.
To get the video for the recipe: Click Here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
How to Make Chicken...Korma dishes are Mughlai dishes consisting of a delicious creamy gravy filled with curd, dry fruits, onions and spices. Korma dish can be vegetarian or non-vegetarian, non-vegetarian korma dish is of...
How to Make Chicken...korma recipe has a delicious gravy which is usually made with curd, dry fruits, onions and spices. Korma dish can be non-vegetarian or vegetarian, made from mutton, chicken or vegetables. This dish in...
Nargisi KoftaNargisi Kofta is a rich and exotic Mughlai recipe, the dish is made with a combination of keema (minced chicken, minced mutton or minced lamb) and boiled eggs. Hard boiled eggs are wrapped in minced a...
Nargisi KoftaNargisi Kofta is a rich Mughlai dish made of boiled eggs wrapped with minced meat (chicken, mutton or lamb) in creamy tomato curd gravy. To make koftas first boiled eggs are wrapped with spicy minced...
Fish CurryFish is one of the healthiest and most preferred seafood and fish curry is one of the delicious and most famous fish dish which can be easily made at home. Fish curry is not only an easy recipe but to...