Butter Chicken, also known as Murgh Makhani, is a delicious Indian dish made from chicken in a less spicy tomato gravy. Dish butter chicken is very famous in India and many other countries. To make butter chicken, the chicken is first marinate in a mixture of curd, mustard oil, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste and spices and later cooked with less spicy tomato and butter gravy. Gravy is a major part of butter chicken dish. It is a tomato, onion and butter based gravy that is cooked until thick and smooth. There are many different recipes with some varietal ingredients that give you a different taste of butter chicken. By following this recipe, you can easily make delicious butter chicken recipe at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 35 Minutes
- Meal Type :
butter chicken Ingredients
Ingredients of butter chicken
For Chicken Tikka
|Chicken Boneless||400 Gram||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon Or As Per Taste|
|Ginger Paste||1/2 Teaspoon||Lemon Juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic Paste||1/2 Teaspoon||Mustard Oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon||Hung Curd||1 Cup|
|Water||2 Cups||Tomato, Diced||500 Gram|
|Onion, Sliced||1 Medium||Bay Leaf||1|
|Cinnamon||1 Small Stick||Black Cardamom||1|
|Garlic||8 Cloves||Ginger||1 Inch Piece|
|Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder||1 Teaspoon||Butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Cashew Nut||10 - 12||Ginger, Chopped||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Green Chilli||1||Dry Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi)||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1/2 Teaspoon||Fresh Cream||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Ghee||For Shallow Fry|
- Wash and clean the chicken. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Keep the chicken in a clean kitchen towel to dry it.
- Take a non stick pan and heat it on medium heat. Add 2 cups of water, diced tomatoes, onions, bay leaf, cinnamon, black cardamom, cloves, green cardamom, garlic cloves, ginger, Kashmiri red chilli powder and 2 tablespoon of butter and mix well. Add cashews to it and mix well. Cook until tomatoes become soft and cover on medium flame, stirring occasionally. It will take about 20 minutes.
- While tomato, onion is cooking, we can make chicken tikka.
Take dried chicken in a large bowl and add 2 tablespoon of lemon juice, little bit of salt, ginger paste and garlic paste. Set it aside for the first marination for about 15 - 20 minutes.
- In another bowl add mustard oil and Kashmiri red chilli powder and beat well. Add the hung curd (hang the curd in a muslin cloth for about 30 - 40 minutes so that all the water comes out of it), a little salt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and whisk well.
- Squeeze the chicken after 15 - 20 minutes of the first wedding and mix well in the second marination. Set it aside again for about 15 - 20 minutes.
Note : Do not forget the curry on the gas. stirring occasionally. Turn off the gas when the tomato becomes soft and tender.
- Proceeded to make curry again. Tomatoes become soft and tender. Turn off the gas, remove the bay leaf and carefully transfer this curry to a blender and blend it to make a fine and smooth puree.
- Sieve the blended curry to remove some thick spices and remaining tomato skin. Add a little water to dilute the curry so that it sieve easily. This will give you a really nice and smooth curry.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a pan over medium heat. When the butter melts, add chopped ginger, green chili and fry a little while constantly stirring. Add the blended curry and mix well.
- Let it cook on a medium flame for about 12 - 15 minutes while stirring continuously.
- While the gravy is cooking, we will make chicken tikka. Place a tawa (griddle) on the second burner and heat it over high heat. When the griddle is really hot, apply some ghee on it and place 3 - 4 pieces of marinated chicken over it.
- When the pieces are well roasted from one side, using tongs, flip the chicken pieces to roast it from the other side.
- Fry all the chicken in this way. The chicken is roasted and the curry is cooked as well. Add salt, dry fenugreek (kasoori methi) and roasted chicken to the curry and mix well. Cook it with curry for about 2 - 4 minutes.
- Butter chicken is almost ready. Add 2 tablespoon of fresh cream and mix well and cook for a minute. Turn off the gas. Transfer the butter chicken to the serving bowl. Garnish the butter chicken with some cream and coriander leaves.
- Enjoy delicious butter chicken with roti, or rice.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious butter chicken
Chicken AfghaniAfghani Chicken is a delicious super creamy chicken dish, is cooked in a different way with a thick curd gravy. Afghani Chicken is not only delicious but also very easy to make at home, neither tomato...
Chicken QuesadillaQuesadilla is a very popular Mexican dish that is very delicious. Both vegetarian or non-vegetarian quesadilla dishes are very tasty. Here we are sharing Chicken Quasadilla, which is filled with and a...
Chicken Frankie RollChicken Frankie Roll or Chicken Frankie or Chicken Roll is a stuffed roti filled with a mixture of eggs and chicken. Chicken Frankie is a delicious and very famous Indian street food which is liked by...
Mutton KormaMutton can be cooked in many ways and many delicious dishes are made from mutton. Mutton Korma is one of them, a delicious and most favorite among those who like non-veg dishes especially mutton. is a...
Chicken 65Chicken 65 is a deep fried and spicy chicken starter dish, which is very popular in India especially in South India. Perfect Chicken 65 Recipe in Restaurant Style. If you are fond of eating chicken 65...