How To Make Delicious Bread Roll
Bread Roll Recipe
Bread roll is a delicious and popular snack in India, the delicious snack is easy to make at home, if you already boil potatoes you can prepare the delicious snack in about 25 minutes. The process of making bread rolls is very simple, first boil the potatoes for the stuffing, a spicy mixture is prepared with boiled potatoes and spices and then take a wet bread slice and fill with that stuffing and make a roll. Deep fry the rolls until becomes crispy and golden brown. By follow this easy and detailed recipe of bread roll, you can easily make crispy and delicious bread rolls at your home.
To make bread rolls, first stuffing is made by boiling potatoes and mash them, add chopped onions, green chillies, coriander leaves, salt, and spices like turmeric, cumin, and garam masala. Then in a bread slice, place the potato stuffing in the center and roll it tightly into a ball or oval shape and deep fry until golden brown.
Bread rolls can be served with a variety of chutneys such as green mint chutney, tamarind chutney or tomato ketchup. They can also be garnished with chopped onions, coriander leaves or sev.
Bread rolls can be made with different variations such as adding peas or paneer to the potato stuffing or replacing the potato stuffing with tofu. They are a delicious and easy-to-make snack that can be enjoyed by everyone, and are a perfect way to add some Indian flavor to your party.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 25 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
bread roll Ingredients
|4 Medium or 2 Large
|Coriander Leaves, Finely Chopped
|Onion, Finely Chopped
|Green Chillies, Finely Chopped
|Roasted Cumin Powder
|Red Chilli Powder
|1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste
|1/2 Teaspoon + To Sprinkle
|1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste
|To Deep Fry
Direction To Make
- Pour potato and 4 cups of water into the pressure cooker with 1/2 teaspoon salt and boil until 4 whistles come, first on high heat then on medium heat.
- Transfer the boiled potatoes to a plate and discard the water. Let them cool to room temperature.
- Peel boiled potatoes in a large bowl and mash them with your hand or potato masher.
- Add chopped onion, coriander leaves, green chillies, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, coriander powder, chaat masala, garam masala and a pinch of salt (as already added to the boiling potatoes) and kneed them to mix well.
- Taste the mixer for salt and spices, adding whatever is required. The stuffing is ready for the bread roll.
Making Bread Roll
- Take bread slices and using a knife cut each and all sides of each slice and remove the brown sides.
- Take a little water in a large bowl and dip a bread slice in that water to moisten the bread and immediately take it out and press the wet slices between your both the palms so that excess water comes out.
- Now place it on your palm and place some potato stuffing diagonally in a cylinderical shape. Wrap the bread slices to cover the stuffing from all sides and press it gently into your fist to give it a small cylindrical shape.
- Make sure that the stuffing should not be visible from either side.
- There is no effect of shape in taste. So don't worry about the perfect shape of the roll. Likewise make all the raw bread rolls.
Frying Bread Roll
- Heat oil for deep frying in a wok on high heat. When the oil is sufficiently hot, reduce the heat to medium and carefully slide 2 - 3 roll from the side of wok.
- Deep fry them on all sides until crisp and golden brown.
- Remove them from the oil and transfer to a plate on tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
- Fry all the remaining bread rolls. Serve hot and crispy snack "bread rolls" with tomato ketchup and pudina chutney.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsLeander Fernandes
Looks amazing and so well donePawan Batra
Delicious bread roll
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and is...
Ragda PatticeRagda pattice is a delicious street food in India and is very popular in the states of Gujarat and Maharashtra. Delicious Ragda pattice is similar to another street food "tikki chole" which is very in...
Masala Dosa With BatterMasala Dosa is a thin crispy South Indian spicy and healthy dish made with rice and lentil batter, which is now a favorite dish across India. Delicious Masala Dosa is filled with aromatic stuffing of...
Pav BhajiPav Bhaji is a tasty popular street food that you can make easily at home. To make delicious spicy bhaji, different vegetables are cooked in butter with different spices such as cumin, coriander, pav...
Veg Manchurian DryDry veg Manchurian a delicious Indo Chinese dish made with cabbage and served as a starter. It is made with little gravy, which is almost dry. To make it, koftas are first made with cabbage and cooked...