How To Make Delicious Bread Roll
Bread Roll Recipe
Bread roll is a delicious and popular snack in India, the delicious snack is easy to make at home, if you already boil potatoes you can prepare the delicious snack in about 25 minutes. The process of making bread rolls is very simple, first boil the potatoes for the stuffing, a spicy mixture is prepared with boiled potatoes and spices and then take a wet bread slice and fill with that stuffing and make a roll. Deep fry the rolls until becomes crispy and golden brown. By follow this easy and detailed recipe of bread roll, you can easily make crispy and delicious bread rolls at your home.
To make bread rolls, first stuffing is made by boiling potatoes and mash them, add chopped onions, green chillies, coriander leaves, salt, and spices like turmeric, cumin, and garam masala. Then in a bread slice, place the potato stuffing in the center and roll it tightly into a ball or oval shape and deep fry until golden brown.
Bread rolls can be served with a variety of chutneys such as green mint chutney, tamarind chutney or tomato ketchup. They can also be garnished with chopped onions, coriander leaves or sev.
Bread rolls can be made with different variations such as adding peas or paneer to the potato stuffing or replacing the potato stuffing with tofu. They are a delicious and easy-to-make snack that can be enjoyed by everyone, and are a perfect way to add some Indian flavor to your party.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 25 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
bread roll Ingredients
|Bread Slices||6||Potatoes||4 Medium or 2 Large|
|Coriander Leaves, Finely Chopped||1/4 Cup||Onion, Finely Chopped||1/3 Cup|
|Green Chillies, Finely Chopped||1||Coriander Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Roasted Cumin Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon + To Sprinkle||Garam Masala||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Oil||To Deep Fry|
Direction To Make
- Pour potato and 4 cups of water into the pressure cooker with 1/2 teaspoon salt and boil until 4 whistles come, first on high heat then on medium heat.
- Transfer the boiled potatoes to a plate and discard the water. Let them cool to room temperature.
- Peel boiled potatoes in a large bowl and mash them with your hand or potato masher.
- Add chopped onion, coriander leaves, green chillies, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, coriander powder, chaat masala, garam masala and a pinch of salt (as already added to the boiling potatoes) and kneed them to mix well.
- Taste the mixer for salt and spices, adding whatever is required. The stuffing is ready for the bread roll.
Making Bread Roll
- Take bread slices and using a knife cut each and all sides of each slice and remove the brown sides.
- Take a little water in a large bowl and dip a bread slice in that water to moisten the bread and immediately take it out and press the wet slices between your both the palms so that excess water comes out.
- Now place it on your palm and place some potato stuffing diagonally in a cylinderical shape. Wrap the bread slices to cover the stuffing from all sides and press it gently into your fist to give it a small cylindrical shape.
- Make sure that the stuffing should not be visible from either side.
- There is no effect of shape in taste. So don't worry about the perfect shape of the roll. Likewise make all the raw bread rolls.
Frying Bread Roll
- Heat oil for deep frying in a wok on high heat. When the oil is sufficiently hot, reduce the heat to medium and carefully slide 2 - 3 roll from the side of wok.
- Deep fry them on all sides until crisp and golden brown.
- Remove them from the oil and transfer to a plate on tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
- Fry all the remaining bread rolls. Serve hot and crispy snack "bread rolls" with tomato ketchup and pudina chutney.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 2.04 : 0.03 : 0.02 : 0.01 : 0.0User ReviewsLeander Fernandes
Looks amazing and so well donePawan Batra
Delicious bread roll
Dahi Bhalla (Dahi Vada)Dahi Bhalla or Dahi Vada is a delicious Indian street food especially in North India. The dish is so popular that it does not require any introduction and is so soft and delicious that no one will to...
Aloo Paratha QuesadillaQuesadilla is a Mexican street food that is so delicious that Mexicans love it very much. This is a dish in which either various vegetables, meat or chicken along with the cheese are stuffed into or a...
Paneer Kathi RollPaneer Kathi Roll or Paneer Frankie is a delicious and very popular Indian snack that can be made easily and is also nutritious. To make it, roll is made by wrapping the paneer, capsicum stuffing with...
Paneer Manchurian DryPaneer Manchurian is one of the finest and most delicious Indo Chinese dish which is a spicy Manchurian with almost dry gravy and is made from soft paneer. This Indo Chinese Paneer Manchurian is a and...
Coconut ChutneyChutney is a sweet and sour captivating condiment which is originated in India. This is made from different kind of ingredients such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, lentils, herbs etc. Different types a...