Bread roll is a delicious and popular snack in India, the delicious snack is easy to make at home, if you already boil potatoes you can prepare the delicious snack in about 25 minutes. The process of making bread rolls is very simple, first boil the potatoes for the stuffing, a spicy mixture is prepared with boiled potatoes and spices and then take a wet bread slice and fill with that stuffing and make a roll. Deep fry the rolls until becomes crispy and golden brown. Follow this easy and detailed recipe of bread rolls, you can easily make crispy and delicious bread rolls at home.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 25 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
bread roll Ingredients
Ingredients of bread roll
|Bread Slices||6||Potatoes||4 Medium or 2 Large|
|Coriander Leaves, Finely Chopped||1/4 Cup||Onion, Finely Chopped||1/3 Cup|
|Green Chillies, Finely Chopped||1||Coriander Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Roasted Cumin Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon + To Sprinkle||Garam Masala||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Oil||To Deep Fry|
- Pour potato and 4 cups of water into the pressure cooker with 1/2 teaspoon salt and boil until 4 whistles come, first on high heat then on medium heat.
- Transfer the boiled potatoes to a plate and discard the water. Let them cool to room temperature.
- Peel boiled potatoes in a large bowl and mash them with your hand or potato masher.
- Add chopped onion, coriander leaves, green chillies, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, coriander powder, chaat masala, garam masala and a pinch of salt (as already added to the boiling potatoes) and kneed them to mix well.
- Taste the mixer for salt and spices, adding whatever is required. The stuffing is ready for the bread roll.
- Take bread slices and using a knife cut each and all sides of each slice and remove the brown sides.
- Take a little water in a large bowl and dip a bread slice in that water to moisten the bread and immediately take it out and press the wet slices between your both the palms so that excess water comes out.
- Now place it on your palm and place some potato stuffing diagonally in a cylinderical shape. Wrap the bread slices to cover the stuffing from all sides and press it gently into your fist to give it a small cylindrical shape.
- Make sure that the stuffing should not be visible from either side.
- There is no effect of shape in taste. So don't worry about the perfect shape of the roll. Likewise make all the raw bread rolls.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a wok on high heat. When the oil is sufficiently hot, reduce the heat to medium and carefully slide 2 - 3 roll from the side of wok.
- Deep fry them on all sides until crisp and golden brown.
- Remove them from the oil and transfer to a plate on tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
- Fry all the remaining bread rolls. Serve hot and crispy snack "bread rolls" with tomato ketchup and pudina chutney.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Crispy Veg NuggetsVeg Nuggets or Vegetarian Nuggets are deep fried crispy and savory snacks, made with varieties of vegetable mix with boiled potatoes and coated with poha or breadcrumbs. Nuggets are commonly known for...
Vegetarian Hot DogA vegetarian hot dog is a hot dog made from pure vegetarian products and does not use any type of meat. Hot dog stuffing is usually made with soy chunks, onions, peas, potatoes, cheese, or some other...
Bread PakoraBread pakoda, made from bread with spiced potato stuffing, is a popular snack in India for rainy and cool & cozy winter evenings with tea. Bread Pakora is a gram flour (besan) coated bread with potato...
White Sauce PastaWith silky smooth and aromatic chutney made from milk, butter and refined flour, it is guaranteed that white sauce pasta gives you the best taste. Like other pasta, white sauce pasta is also very easy...
Pav BhajiPav Bhaji is a delicious and popular street food that is easy to make. In this dish, vegetables are cooked with various spices known as bhaji. Bhaji is cooked in butter to make delicious spicy Pav a a...