How To Make Bread Pakora
Bread Pakora Recipe
Bread Pakora is a popular snack for teatime in India. It is the perfect snack to serve with tea in the cold, cozy winter or rainy evening. It is a delicious snack with a gram flour (besan) coating and deep frying in oil. Bread pakora can be made in different ways. One is with stuffing of boiled and mashed potatoes or paneer can also be used with boiled potatoes and the other without stuffing. This is a detailed bread pakora recipe with stuffing in which the stuffing is made with boiled potatoes and spices.
To make the bread pakora, the bread slices are filled with spiced stuffing of boiled and mashed potatoes and then cut diagonally into triangles, these stuffed triangles bread slices dip into gram flour so that it is coated with a good paste of gram flour. And then deep fry it till it becomes crispy. Simple bread pakora can also be made without stuffing. To make bread pakora without stuffing, cut the bread slices diagonally into triangle shapes and deep fry by dipping each triangle bread slice in a gram flour batter. Follow our recipe of bread pakora and make the delicious pakora at home and enjoy.
- Preparation Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
- 1 Review | 1 Like
bread pakora Ingredients
Ingredients of bread pakora
MyDelicious Recipes-Bread Pakora
|Bread Slices||6||Oil||To Deep Fry|
|Chaat Masala||To Sprinkle|
For Potato Stuffing
|Boiled Potato||3 medium||Green Chilli, Finely Chopped||1|
|Coriander Leaves, Finely Chopped||2 Tablespoon||Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Roasted Cumin Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Garam Masala||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon||Coriander Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Black Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Gram Flour (Besan)||1 Cup||Water||As Required|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Black Salt||1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
Direction To Make
Making Stufing For Bread Pakora
- Boil the potatoes until they become soft and allow them to cool to room temperature. Peel and mash the boiled potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add finely chopped green coriander, green chilli, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, chaat masala and salt and knead with your hand to mix well. Masala is ready for stuffing. Taste the stuffing for salt and spices. Add whatever is necessary.
Make Besan Batter
- Take a large bowl and add gram flour, red chili powder and black salt.
- Gradually add water and mix well to make a smooth batter, neither too thick nor too thin. Make sure there are no lumps in the batter.
Make Bread Pakora
- Take bread slices and spread a thin layer of stuffing over it. Do not make a thick layer of stuffing. Cover this bread slice with another and gently press them between your hands.
- Cut these bread slices diagonally to form two triangles. Now you have two triangles raw bread pakora. Similarly, make all raw bread pakora triangles.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a pan on high heat. When the oil is sufficiently hot, reduce the heat to medium. To check if the oil is hot enough, add a drop of batter, if the batter comes to the surface without changing its color then the oil is hot enough.
- Dip a stuffed triangle into the batter to thoroughly coat the triangle with besan batter.
- Gently lift the raw bread pakora dipped with the batter, gently and carefully slide it into the hot oil to deep fry. Using a flat spoon, pour hot oil over it. Fry it for a minute and then flip it using flat spoon. Fry it from both sides until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove it from the oil using the same flat spoon and transfer it to a plate on a kitchen tissue paper to soak up the excess oil.
- Similarly, fry the remaining raw bread pakoras. Delicious bread pakora is ready. Sprinkle chaat masala over it.
- Enjoy delicious bread pakoda with pudina chutney, tomato ketchup or tea at evening teatime.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious bread pakora
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Vegetarian a...
Gobhi 65Gobhi 65 or Gobi 65 is a crispy and delicious fried snacks, made with cauliflower, yogurt and spices. 65 dishes like Chicken 65, Paneer 65, aloo 65 are very popular appetizers from South India. All 65...
Crispy Veg NuggetsCrispy Veg Nuggets is a delicious vegetarian nuggets made with vegetable mixes with potatoes coated with breadcrumbs or crushed poha and deep-fried until crispy. Nuggets are mainly known as Chicken is...
Chilli Paneer DryHot and Spicy Chilli Paneer is a delicious dish from the Indo Chinese cuisine and delightful for all the parties. Chilli Paneer is served either as a starter when it is made as a dry chilli Paneer or...
Paneer Manchurian DryPaneer Manchurian is one of the finest and most delicious Indo Chinese dish which is a spicy Manchurian with almost dry gravy and is made from soft paneer. This Indo Chinese Paneer Manchurian is a and...