How To Make Bharwan Karela
Bharwan Karela Recipe
Bharwan Karela is a healthy dry curry made from karela (bitter gourd). Bitter gourd has many health benefits such as it purifies the blood, is good for a diabetic patient, is beneficial in hemorrhoids and constipation, helpful in skin disorders. Karela is rich in minerals like vitamin B, vitamin C, iron and calcium, therefore bitter gourd has many health benefits. Bharwan Karela is a dry vegetable of bitter gourd made with only bitter gourd, onions, curd and spices. Bharwan Karela is a dry curry which is a delicious dish of Karela that is easy to make at home. By following this recipe, you can easily make this delicious and healthy and delicious bharwan karela dish at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 4 Hour 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 40 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 1 Review | 1 Like
bharwan karela Ingredients
|Karela (Bitter Gourd)||500 Gram||Onions, Finely Chopped||4 - 5 Large|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||4 Tablespoon||Roasted Cumin Powder||1/4 Tablespoon|
|Fennel Seeds||1 Tablespoon||Salt||3 Tablespoon + 1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Ghee or Oil||To Deep Fry + 2 Tablespoon||Fresh Curd||3 Tablespoon|
Direction To Make
- Peel the karela and discard the skin. Slit the bitter gourd length-wise but do not cut it into pices and remove all the pulp and seeds from inside.
- Apply salt inside and outside of karela and keep aside for 3-4 hours, this will remove all bitterness from karela.
- After 4 hours wash the karela 2-3 times so that the extra salt and its bitterness is removed.
- Squeeze the karela to remove excess water and keep it in a plate.
- Heat ghee or oil in a pan for deep frying on high heat. When the ghee becomes moderately hot, add karela and fry till it becomes light brown. Remove from ghee and keep it in a plate. You can fry them in 2 - 3 batches depending on the size of the pan.
- Let them cool slightly at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, prepare the stuffing.
- Grind the fennel seeds in a grinder and make a coarse powder.
- Put fennel powder, coriander pods, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, turmeric powder and a little salt in a bowl and mix well. Be careful about salt is karela is already salty even after washing.
- Stuffing is ready. Fill this spice stuffing well in the empty karela.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee or oil in a pan on medium heat. When the ghee gets medium hot, add finely chopped onions and fry it till it becomes light brown while stirring continuously.
- Add curd and stuffed karela to it and mix well. Cover the pan and cook the karela until soft, while stirring occasionally otherwise the spices will burn from the bottom.
- Delicious karela is ready. Turn off the gas and transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Enjoy it with roti, chapati or paratha. You will demand more and more.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious bharwan karela
Gobhi 65Gobhi 65 or Gobi 65 is an delicious snacks, a deep fried crispy snacks, made from cauliflower, yogurt and spices. 65 dishes such as Chicken 65, aloo 65, Paneer 65 etc. are the popular snacks in South...
Mango SalsaMango Salsa is a delicious Mexican dish, people also eat it as a salad. Mango Salsa is not only delicious but a very popular Mexican dish. Mexicans love the dish so much that during the mango season,...
Delicious Pineapple...Pineapple Raita is a refreshing dish with sweet, salty and slightly sour taste that is a delightful addition to any plate. Pineapple, curd and pomegranate provide health benefits especially in the and...
Masala Dosa With BatterMasala Dosa is a thin crispy South Indian spicy and healthy dish made with rice and lentil batter, which is now a favorite dish across India. Delicious Masala Dosa is filled with aromatic stuffing of...
Pav BhajiPav Bhaji is a delicious and popular street food that is easy to make. In this dish, vegetables are cooked with various spices known as bhaji. Bhaji is cooked in butter to make delicious spicy Pav a a...