How To Make Bharwan Karela
Bharwan Karela Recipe
Bharwan Karela is a healthy dry sabji made from karela (bitter gourd). Bitter gourd has many health benefits such as it purifies the blood, is good for a diabetic patient, is beneficial in hemorrhoids and constipation, helpful in skin disorders. Karela is rich in minerals like vitamin B, vitamin C, iron and calcium, therefore bitter gourd has many health benefits. Bharwan Karela is a dry vegetable of bitter gourd made with only bitter gourd, onions, curd and spices. Bharwan Karela is a dry sabji which is a delicious dish of Karela that is easy to make at home. By following this recipe, you can easily make this delicious and healthy and delicious bharwan karela dish at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 4 Hour 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 40 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
bharwan karela Ingredients
|Karela (Bitter Gourd)||500 Gram||Onions, Finely Chopped||4 - 5 Large|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||4 Tablespoon||Roasted Cumin Powder||1/4 Tablespoon|
|Fennel Seeds||1 Tablespoon||Salt||3 Tablespoon + 1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Ghee or Oil||To Deep Fry + 2 Tablespoon||Fresh Curd||3 Tablespoon|
Direction To Make
- Peel the karela and discard the skin. Slit the bitter gourd length-wise but do not cut it into pices and remove all the pulp and seeds from inside.
- Apply salt inside and outside of karela and keep aside for 3-4 hours, this will remove all bitterness from karela.
- After 4 hours wash the karela 2-3 times so that the extra salt and its bitterness is removed.
- Squeeze the karela to remove excess water and keep it in a plate.
- Heat ghee or oil in a pan for deep frying on high heat. When the ghee becomes moderately hot, add karela and fry till it becomes light brown. Remove from ghee and keep it in a plate. You can fry them in 2 - 3 batches depending on the size of the pan.
- Let them cool slightly at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, prepare the stuffing.
- Grind the fennel seeds in a grinder and make a coarse powder.
- Put fennel powder, coriander pods, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, turmeric powder and a little salt in a bowl and mix well. Be careful about salt is karela is already salty even after washing.
- Stuffing is ready. Fill this spice stuffing well in the empty karela.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee or oil in a pan on medium heat. When the ghee gets medium hot, add finely chopped onions and fry it till it becomes light brown while stirring continuously.
- Add curd and stuffed karela to it and mix well. Cover the pan and cook the karela until soft, while stirring occasionally otherwise the spices will burn from the bottom.
- Delicious karela is ready. Turn off the gas and transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Enjoy it with roti, chapati or paratha. You will demand more and more.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious bharwan karela
Chilli PotatoChilli Potato is an Indo-Chinese delicious starter, served mostly as snacks and appetizers at functions and parties. Chili Potato recipe is almost like dry chilli paneer but to make chili potato we of...
Paneer PasandaDelicious curry recipe "Paneer Pasanda" made from paneer is like a rare pearl in the ocean of paneer recipes. Paneer pasanda is one of the most luscious and mouthwatering recipes of Paneer, with a...
Plum JamA delicious sweet and sour plum (aloo bukhara) jam for plum fruit lovers. The jam is very delicious especially when it is homemade. This is an easy recipe to make jam at home from Aloo Bukhara. Aloo a...
Dal FryDal Fry is a very tasty Indian dish, which is a very popular dish all over India and is made by mixed dal and spices such as Ginger, Garlic, Cinnamon, Garam Masala, Cumin etc. and then tempering. are...
Delicious Pineapple...Pineapple Raita is a sour, sweet, salty and refreshing dish that is a delightful addition to any plate. Creamy curd, sweet pineapple and tart pomegranate seeds are very beneficial in the summer All a...