How To Make Bharwan Karela
Bharwan Karela Recipe
Bharwan Karela is a healthy dry sabji made from karela (bitter gourd). Bitter gourd has many health benefits such as it purifies the blood, is good for a diabetic patient, is beneficial in hemorrhoids and constipation, helpful in skin disorders. Karela is rich in minerals like vitamin B, vitamin C, iron and calcium, therefore bitter gourd has many health benefits. Bharwan Karela is a dry vegetable of bitter gourd made with only bitter gourd, onions, curd and spices. Bharwan Karela is a dry sabji which is a delicious dish of Karela that is easy to make at home. By following this recipe, you can easily make this delicious and healthy and delicious bharwan karela dish at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 4 Hour 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 40 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 1 Review | 38 Likes
bharwan karela Ingredients
|Karela (Bitter Gourd)||500 Gram||Onions, Finely Chopped||4 - 5 Large|
|Red Chilli Powder||1 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||4 Tablespoon||Roasted Cumin Powder||1/4 Tablespoon|
|Fennel Seeds||1 Tablespoon||Salt||3 Tablespoon + 1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Ghee or Oil||To Deep Fry + 2 Tablespoon||Fresh Curd||3 Tablespoon|
Direction To Make
- Peel the karela and discard the skin. Slit the bitter gourd length-wise but do not cut it into pices and remove all the pulp and seeds from inside.
- Apply salt inside and outside of karela and keep aside for 3-4 hours, this will remove all bitterness from karela.
- After 4 hours wash the karela 2-3 times so that the extra salt and its bitterness is removed.
- Squeeze the karela to remove excess water and keep it in a plate.
- Heat ghee or oil in a pan for deep frying on high heat. When the ghee becomes moderately hot, add karela and fry till it becomes light brown. Remove from ghee and keep it in a plate. You can fry them in 2 - 3 batches depending on the size of the pan.
- Let them cool slightly at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, prepare the stuffing.
- Grind the fennel seeds in a grinder and make a coarse powder.
- Put fennel powder, coriander pods, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, turmeric powder and a little salt in a bowl and mix well. Be careful about salt is karela is already salty even after washing.
- Stuffing is ready. Fill this spice stuffing well in the empty karela.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee or oil in a pan on medium heat. When the ghee gets medium hot, add finely chopped onions and fry it till it becomes light brown while stirring continuously.
- Add curd and stuffed karela to it and mix well. Cover the pan and cook the karela until soft, while stirring occasionally otherwise the spices will burn from the bottom.
- Delicious karela is ready. Turn off the gas and transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Enjoy it with roti, chapati or paratha. You will demand more and more.
To get the video for the recipe: Click Here
To read the recipe in Hindi: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious bharwan karela
Crispy Veg NuggetsVeg Nuggets or Vegetarian Nuggets are deep fried crispy and savory snacks, made with varieties of vegetable mix with boiled potatoes and coated with poha or breadcrumbs. Nuggets are commonly known for...
Paneer MakhaniPaneer Makhani is a delicious, healthy and popular dish made of soft paneer in creamy gravy. Creamy rich onion tomato smooth gravy paneer makhani is a very popular dish in Indian hotels and Paneer is...
Paneer Manchurian DryPaneer Manchurian is a spicy Manchurian made from paneer (cottage cheese), capsicum, onions and variety of sauces and spices is the most delicious and best Indo Chinese dish. It is one of the most as...
Singapore Fried RiceSingapore Fried Rice Is China's Delicious Takeaway Comfort Food. Ingredients such as chicken, seafood, pork, beef, eggs and vegetables are used to make the dish special. Singapore Fried Rice is a rice...
DhoklaDhokla is a pure vegetarian and delicious Gujarati snacks, which is also famous as Khaman Dhokla. Now this delicious snack is popular not only in Gujarat but also in some other states of India. Some...