How To Make Bharwa Shimla Mirch
Bharwa Shimla Mirch Recipe
Potato capsicum is a delicious and most popular vegetable in India and if the capsicum is stuffed with potato, the taste doubles. Bharwa Shimla Mirch or stuffed capsicum is the most delicious dish of capsicum and is the most popular in India. To make Bharwa shimla mirch, stuffing is made from boiled and fried potatoes and this stuffing is filled in capsicum and then stuffed capsicum is cook with this stuffing. By following this detailed recipe of Bharwa shimla mirch, you can easily make this delicious capsicum dish at your home.
Bharwa Shimla Mirch or stuffed capsicum, is a popular Indian dish made by stuffing capsicum (shimla mirch) with a delicious mixture of potatoes, spices and sometimes paneer. It is a versatile and healthy dish that is generally enjoyed as a main dish.
To make bharwa shimla mirch, the first step is to select large, hard capsicum and cut off the top to create a cavity for the stuffing and also remove all the seeds and membrane inside the peppers.
For stuffing, a mixture is prepared by boiling potatoes and then adding spices like cumin, coriander, turmeric and red chilli powder and sometimes paneer and then fry it. Then this mixture is cooled and filled inside the hollow capsicum.
Place the stuffed capsicum in a pan and fry it until it is cooked well from all sides. These can be shallow fried or baked in the oven.
Bharwa Shimla Mirch is known for its amazing combination of textures and tastes, sweetness and crispness of capsicum, combined with the savory and spicy stuffing. It is usually garnished with fresh herbs such as coriander and often served with roti or naan.
- Preparation Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 45 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
bharwa shimla mirch Ingredients
|Capsicum||250 Gram||Potato||4 Medium|
|Ghee||3 Tablespoon||Coriander Leaves, Finely Chopped||2 - 3 Tablespoon|
|Ginger Paste||1 Teaspoon||Green Chilli, Finely Chopped||2|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Maggi Masala-Ae-Magic||1 Pouch|
Direction To Make
- Let's start the recipe of Bharwa Shimla Mirch.
- Take the capsicum and cut from the top and using a knife remove all the seeds from it and make them hollow.
- Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker for 3 - 4 whistles and let the pressure cooker release all the pressure automatically.
- Take out the potatoes from the pressure cooker and allow them to cool to room temperature. Once cooled, peel and chopped the potato.
- Heat a pan and add 2 tablespoon of ghee to it and heat it on high heat. When the ghee gets hot, reduce the heat to low. Add cumin seeds and fry while stirring continuously.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add green chili, ginger paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder and fry for about 20 - 30 seconds.
- Add boiled potatoes, salt, red chili powder, chaat masala and mix well. Fry the potatoes for 2 - 3 minutes on medium heat. Mash them a bit using potato masher while frying.
- Turn off the gas. Add Maggi masala-ae-magic powder and coriander leaves and mix well. Transfer it to a bowl. Stuffing is ready.
Making Bharwa Shimla Mirch
- Using a spoon, fill this stuffing well in the hollowed capsicum. Press the stuffing from the back side of the spoon to fill completely.
- Fill all the capsicum with this potato stuffing.
- Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a non-stick pan. When the ghee becomes hot, place the stuffed capsicum in the hot ghee for frying. Cover the pan and fry it for about 2 minutes.
- Open the cover and rotate the capsicum to fry from the other side. Fry again for 2 minutes. Swirl the capsicum every 2 - 3 minutes to fry from all sides.
- It will take about 20 - 25 minutes to fry from all sides.
- Turn off the gas and transfer the capsicums to the serving bowl. You can use the leftover ghee to fry other things.
- Garnish the bharwa shimla mirch with coriander leaves. Serve delicious bharwa shimla mirch hot with roti or paratha.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious bharwa shimla mirchLeander Fernandes
Paneer MakhaniPaneer Makhani is a delicious, healthy and popular dish made of soft paneer in creamy gravy. Creamy rich onion tomato smooth gravy paneer makhani is a very popular dish in Indian hotels and Paneer is...
Kashmiri Dum AlooKashmiri Dum Aloo is a delicious dish from a beautiful place Jammu and Kashmir and one of the most popular curry dish in North India. To make the delicious dish "Kashmiri Dum Aloo", first deep fry the...
Paneer LababdarPaneer Lababdar is a delicious Paneer dish from North India. Recipe of Paneer Lababdar in Restaurant Style. Paneer Lababdar is very famous in North Indian hotels and restaurants. While this dish is as...
Veg Seekh KababSeekh kebabs are a delicious dish but famous as a non-veg dish made from minced meat (mutton or chicken) and cooked in a barbecue, tandoor or oven. Vegetarian kebabs made with different varieties and...
Rava IdliRava Idli is a delicious steamed cake made using rava or semolina along with curd and spices and some leavening agent. Delicious rava idli is eaten with coconut chutney for breakfast. Traditionally in...