Besan (Gram Flour) Chilla is a delicious spicy Besan Chilla which is especially liked by North Indians. These chilla can be eaten either for breakfast or evening snacks with tea or coffee with chutney or sauce. Besan chilla is full of protein, which is not only delicious but also easy and quick to make. These are best in taste when served hot with green chutney, sauce or butter. This chilla is a good and tasty snack for a healthy morning and lunch box for children as chilla is not only a healthy meal, but only requires 10-15 minutes for cooking.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Meal Type :
besan chilla Ingredients
Ingredients of besan chilla
|Gram Flour (Besan)||1 Cup||Carom Seeds (Ajwain)||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilli Powder (Not For Kids)||1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Black Pepper Powder (Not For Kids)||A Pinch|
|Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon||Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Salt||1/4 Teaspoon Or As per Taste|
|Finely Chopped Onion||1/3 Cup||Finely Chopped Green Chilli (Not For Kids)||1|
|Coriander Leaves||1/4 Cup||Water||2 - 3 Cup|
|Ghee Or Oil||To Fry|
- Take a large bowl and sift the gram flour (Besan).
- Add finely chopped onion, green chilli and coriander leaves and all dry spices like red chilli powder, black pepper powder, carom seeds, coriander powder, chaat masala, cumin powder and salt.
- Mix all the spices well in gram flour.
- Add water little by little (about 1/2 cup) and mix well, and add water and mix again to remove all the lumps and prepare a thick batter.
- Take a non-stick tawa (griddle) and heat it on medium flame. When the tawa gets hot, spread 1/2 teaspoon of ghee or oil over it.
- Fill a ladle with the chilla batter prepared above and pour the batter on the surface of the tawa and gently spread it using the back of the ladle or rotate the tawa in a circular motion so that the batter spreads uniformly over the tawa.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of ghee around the edges of the chilla and cook it on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes or till the edges leave the tawa.
- Gently flip the chilla to cook the other side with the help of a spatula.
- Add 1 teaspoon of ghee and cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side of the chilla.
- Chilla is ready to be served. Serve this delicious chilla with chutney or butter.
- Cook all the chilla in this manner one by one.
- If you make chilla for children, then avoid red chilli, black pepper and green chillies as children do not like to eat chilli.
- Children will enjoy chilla with butter compared to chutney as the chutney has chilli and is spicy.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Awasome taste with butter
Soya Keema MatarSoya Keema matar is a healthy and delicious vegetarian keema dish made with soya chunks or soya granules with green peas and some Indian traditional spices. Easy to make delicious but healthy soya can...
Paneer Kathi RollPaneer Kathi Roll or Paneer Frankie is a delicious and very popular Indian snack that can be made easily and is also nutritious. To make the paneer kathi roll, roll is made by wrapping the paneer, in...
Kadai PaneerKadai Paneer - is a delicious and famous vegetable made from paneer and capsicum with traditional spices from India, Cooked in butter or ghee. Kadai Paneer is one of the most popular paneer vegetable...
Crispy Paper Dosa With...Dosa - A thin crispy and healthy South Indian dish made of rice and urad dhuli dal (black lentils without husk), usually served with coconut chutney and vegetable sambar. This favorite dish is not to...
Singapore Fried RiceSingapore Fried Rice - is a delicious fried rice and very easy to make at home. The components of Singapore Fried Rice make it delicious and different from other fried rice. The taste comes from such...