Besan (Gram Flour) Chilla is a delicious spicy Besan Chilla which is especially liked by North Indians. These chilla can be eaten either for breakfast or evening snacks with tea or coffee with chutney or sauce. Besan chilla is full of protein, which is not only delicious but also easy and quick to make. These are best in taste when served hot with green chutney, sauce or butter. This chilla is a good and tasty snack for a healthy morning and lunch box for children as chilla is not only a healthy meal, but only requires 10-15 minutes for cooking.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Meal Type :
|Gram Flour (Besan)||1 Cup||Carom Seeds (Ajwain)||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilli Powder (Not For Kids)||1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Black Pepper Powder (Not For Kids)||A Pinch|
|Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon||Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin Powder||1/4 Teaspoon||Salt||1/4 Teaspoon Or As per Taste|
|Finely Chopped Onion||1/3 Cup||Finely Chopped Green Chilli (Not For Kids)||1|
|Coriander Leaves||1/4 Cup||Water||2 - 3 Cup|
|Ghee Or Oil||To Fry|
- Take a large bowl and sift the gram flour (Besan).
- Add finely chopped onion, green chilli and coriander leaves and all dry spices like red chilli powder, black pepper powder, carom seeds, coriander powder, chaat masala, cumin powder and salt.
- Mix all the spices well in gram flour.
- Add water little by little (about 1/2 cup) and mix well, and add water and mix again to remove all the lumps and prepare a thick batter.
- Take a non-stick tawa (griddle) and heat it on medium flame. When the tawa gets hot, spread 1/2 teaspoon of ghee or oil over it.
- Fill a ladle with the chilla batter prepared above and pour the batter on the surface of the tawa and gently spread it using the back of the ladle or rotate the tawa in a circular motion so that the batter spreads uniformly over the tawa.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of ghee around the edges of the chilla and cook it on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes or till the edges leave the tawa.
- Gently flip the chilla to cook the other side with the help of a spatula.
- Add 1 teaspoon of ghee and cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side of the chilla.
- Chilla is ready to be served. Serve this delicious chilla with chutney or butter.
- Cook all the chilla in this manner one by one.
- If you make chilla for children, then avoid red chilli, black pepper and green chillies as children do not like to eat chilli.
- Children will enjoy chilla with butter compared to chutney as the chutney has chilli and is spicy.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Awasome taste with butter
Besan Chilla CurryChilla curry or chille ki sabzi is a very tasty curry dish made from spicy gram flour pancake or chilla, this dish is very delicious and much famous in India especially in North India. This curry dish...
Besan Chilla CurryA spicy pancakes or chilla made with gram flour is very famous in India especially in North India and a delicious curry or sabzi made from this chilla is much famous and finger licking curry dish from...
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Eggless is a...
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it is does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and...
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy is...