How To Make Besan Chilla
Besan Chilla Recipe
Besan (Gram Flour) Chilla is a delicious spicy Besan Chilla which is especially liked by North Indians. These chilla can be eaten either for breakfast or evening snacks with tea or coffee with chutney or sauce. Besan chilla is full of protein, which is not only delicious but also easy and quick to make. These are best in taste when served hot with green chutney, sauce or butter. Recipe of Besan Chilla is very easy and the chilla is a good and tasty snack for a healthy morning and lunch box for children as chilla is not only a healthy meal, but only requires 10-15 minutes for cooking.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
besan chilla Ingredients
|Gram Flour (Besan)
|Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
|Red Chilli Powder (Not For Kids)
|1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste
|Black Pepper Powder (Not For Kids)
|1/4 Teaspoon Or As per Taste
|Finely Chopped Onion
|Finely Chopped Green Chilli (Not For Kids)
|2 - 3 Cup
|Ghee Or Oil
Direction To Make
- Take a large bowl and sift the gram flour (Besan).
- Add finely chopped onion, green chilli and coriander leaves and all dry spices like red chilli powder, black pepper powder, carom seeds, coriander powder, chaat masala, cumin powder and salt.
- Mix all the spices well in gram flour.
- Add water little by little (about 1/2 cup) and mix well, and add water and mix again to remove all the lumps and prepare a thick batter.
- Take a non-stick tawa (griddle) and heat it on medium flame. When the tawa gets hot, spread 1/2 teaspoon of ghee or oil over it.
- Fill a ladle with the chilla batter prepared above and pour the batter on the surface of the tawa and gently spread it using the back of the ladle or rotate the tawa in a circular motion so that the batter spreads uniformly over the tawa.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of ghee around the edges of the chilla and cook it on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes or till the edges leave the tawa.
- Gently flip the chilla to cook the other side with the help of a spatula.
- Add 1 teaspoon of ghee and cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side of the chilla.
- Chilla is ready to be served. Serve this delicious chilla with chutney or butter.
- Cook all the chilla in this manner one by one.
- If you make chilla for children, then avoid red chilli, black pepper and green chillies as children do not like to eat chilli.
- Children will enjoy chilla with butter compared to chutney as the chutney has chilli and is spicy.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
To read the recipe in Hindi: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsLeander Fernandes
Very delicious and perfectly donePawan Batra
Awasome taste with butter
Dal MakhaniDal Makhani is a delicious classic Indian dish made of whole urad dal, kidney beans (Rajma) and butter with some aromatic spices. It is one of the most delicious and famous lentil dishes which first a...
Dahi Ke Kebab | Dahi ke...Dahi ke Kabab also known as Dahi ke Sholey, is a soft and delicious snack popular in North India that you can make for your family or friends on a birthday, kitty party or any special occasion at your...
TofuTofu, also called bean curd or soy paneer, is a vegetarian food, which is made by coagulating and pressing soy milk resulting makes tofu. Bean Curd, Soy Paneer or Tofu has a good taste, it can be used...
Jeera AlooJeera aloo is a delicious but quick and simple potato recipe. Cumin is called jeera and potato is called aloo, So jeera aloo is a dish in which potatoes are cooked with cumin. Jeera Aloo can be made a...
Kadai PaneerKadai Paneer is a delicious and famous dish made from paneer and capsicum with traditional spices from India, Cooked in butter or ghee. Delicious Kadai Paneer is one of the most popular paneer dish in...