How To Make Baingan Bharta
Baingan Bharta Recipe
Baingan (Brinjal / Eggplant / Aubergine) Bharta is a traditional and delicious Indian vegetable which is popular throughout India and especially in rural areas. Baingan bharta is not only easy to make but is also very delicious. Baingan Bharta is so delicious that those who do not like to eat Baingan also like Baingan Bharta. To make delicious bharta, the eggplant is first roasted on a direct flame and then it is cooked with onions, tomatoes and spices. Follow our easy recipe of Baingan ka Bharta and make delicious Baingan ka Bharta easily at your home.
Baingan ka Bharta is a delicious Indian dish made of roasted and mashed brinjals, cooked with aromatic spices and some other ingredients. It is a popular vegetarian dish eaten with roti, paranthas or naan.
To make baingan bharta, brinjal is roasted directly on the fire till its skin gets burnt and the pulp becomes soft. The burnt skin is then peeled off, and the cooked brinjal is mashed to a pulp.
In a wok onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic and spices like cumin, coriander, turmeric, and red chili powder are fried in oil or ghee until fragrant. Mashed brinjal are added to the wok and cooked with spices.
Baingan ka bharta is often garnished with fresh coriander and lemon juice for added freshness. Roasted brinjals give the dish a smoky flavor, along with a mix of spices that makes a rich and flavourful dish.
Baingan ka Bharta is a popular dish from North India and is known for its simplicity and taste. It is loved by both vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike, as its flavor and creamy texture make it a satisfying and nutritious meal option. Overall, baingan ka bharta is a delightful dish that shows the versatility and deliciousness of brinjals.
- Preparation Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
baingan bharta Ingredients
|Baingan (Brinjal / Eggplant / Aubergine)||1 Large||Onions Finely Chopped||1 Large|
|Tomatoes Finely Chopped||3 Medium||Crushed Ginger||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Crushed Garlic||1/2 Teaspoon||Chopped Green Chillies||2|
|Turmeric Powder||A Pinch||Red Chilli Powder||1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Chaat Masala||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Kitchen King Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Roasted Cumin Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Garam Masala||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped Coriander Leaves||To Garnish||Ghee or Oil||2 Tablespoon + For Greasing|
Direction To Make
- Slit the eggplant (baingan) from each side using a knife (do not cut the eggplant into the pieces), or poke it in several places using a fork, so that the eggplant is completely roasted from the inside.
- Apply ghee or oil well on the eggplant and keep it on a direct flame to roast. Roast the eggplant on medium heat from each side. When the eggplant skin turns black and the skin starts separating from the inner layer, turn it to the other side. Turn off the heat when all the sides are black, flaky and the eggplants become soft.
- Let the roasted eggplant cool for about 10 minutes at room temperature. Remove burnt skin from roasted eggplant. To remove burnt skin completely, wash the roasted eggplant. Mash clean roasted eggplant using spatula.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of ghee in a wok. When the ghee becomes hot, add onion to it and fry it till it becomes light brown while stirring continuously.
- Add crushed ginger, garlic and chopped green chiies and mix well. Fry it for a minute and add chopped tomatoes and salt and fry till the tomatoes become soft.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, chaat masala, garam masala, coriander powder, roasted cumin powder and kitchen king masala and mix well. Fry it for a minute and add mashed eggplant to it and fry for about 10 minutes on medium heat while stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the Baingan Bharta to the serving bowl. Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves. Delicious Baingan Bharta is ready. Enjoy Bharta at your lunch.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 2.04 : 0.03 : 0.02 : 0.01 : 0.0User ReviewsLeander Fernandes
Delicious baingan bharta
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and is...
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. This Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to its...
TofuTofu, also known as bean curd or soy paneer, is a vegetarian food item. Prepared from soy milk, coagulation the soy milk, then filtered and pressed to make bean curd, soy paneer or tofu. Tofu is a but...
Coconut ChutneyChutney is a slightly sweet and slightly sour savory condiment that originated in India. chutney is made using different ingredients like fruits, vegetables, pulses, nuts and herbs etc. In India there...
Apple PieApple-filled pie is a delicious pie known as apple pie. This delicious pie is often eaten with ice cream, whipped cream or cheddar cheese. It is usually double-crusted, with pastry on either side (top...