How To Make Baingan Bharta
Baingan Bharta Recipe
Baingan (Brinjal / Eggplant / Aubergine) Bharta is a traditional and delicious Indian vegetable which is popular throughout India and especially in rural areas. Baingan bharta is not only easy to make but is also very delicious. Baingan Bharta is so delicious that those who do not like to eat Baingan also like Baingan Bharta. To make delicious bharta, the eggplant is first roasted on a direct flame and then it is cooked with onions, tomatoes and spices. Follow our easy recipe of Baingan ka Bharta and make delicious Baingan ka Bharta easily at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 2 Reviews | 2 Likes
baingan bharta Ingredients
|Baingan (Brinjal / Eggplant / Aubergine)||1 Large||Onions Finely Chopped||1 Large|
|Tomatoes Finely Chopped||3 Medium||Crushed Ginger||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Crushed Garlic||1/2 Teaspoon||Chopped Green Chillies||2|
|Turmeric Powder||A Pinch||Red Chilli Powder||1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Chaat Masala||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Kitchen King Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Roasted Cumin Powder||1/2 Teaspoon||Garam Masala||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped Coriander Leaves||To Garnish||Ghee or Oil||2 Tablespoon + For Greasing|
Direction To Make
- Slit the eggplant (baingan) from each side using a knife (do not cut the eggplant into the pieces), or poke it in several places using a fork, so that the eggplant is completely roasted from the inside.
- Apply ghee or oil well on the eggplant and keep it on a direct flame to roast. Roast the eggplant on medium heat from each side. When the eggplant skin turns black and the skin starts separating from the inner layer, turn it to the other side. Turn off the heat when all the sides are black, flaky and the eggplants become soft.
- Let the roasted eggplant cool for about 10 minutes at room temperature. Remove burnt skin from roasted eggplant. To remove burnt skin completely, wash the roasted eggplant. Mash clean roasted eggplant using spatula.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of ghee in a wok. When the ghee becomes hot, add onion to it and fry it till it becomes light brown while stirring continuously.
- Add crushed ginger, garlic and chopped green chiies and mix well. Fry it for a minute and add chopped tomatoes and salt and fry till the tomatoes become soft.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, chaat masala, garam masala, coriander powder, roasted cumin powder and kitchen king masala and mix well. Fry it for a minute and add mashed eggplant to it and fry for about 10 minutes on medium heat while stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the Baingan Bharta to the serving bowl. Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves. Delicious Baingan Bharta is ready. Enjoy Bartha at your lunch.
You can add boiled green peas while preparing the tempering and fry it with onions before adding mashed eggplant to a different taste.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsLeander Fernandes
Delicious baingan bharta
Dahi Bhalla (Dahi Vada)Dahi Bhalla or Dahi Vada is a soft, spongy and delicious street food of India especially in North India. This dish does not require much introduction apart from its name due to its popularity in Dahi...
Bharwa Shimla MirchPotato capsicum is a delicious and most popular vegetable in India and if the capsicum is stuffed with potato, the taste doubles. Bharwa Shimla Mirch or stuffed capsicum is the most delicious dish of...
Bread RollBread roll is a delicious and popular snack in India, the delicious snack is easy to make at home, if you already boil potatoes you can prepare the delicious snack in about 25 minutes. The process of...
DhoklaDhokla is a pure vegetarian dish from the state of Gujarat, India also known as Khaman Dhokla. Now this dish is very popular in other states also. For those who suspect that dhokla is not good for it...
PizzaPizza is a delicious Italian dish, usually consisting of a round and flat base made of whole wheat flour or refined flour, which is baked with mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and some other various such a...