How To Make Baingan Bharta
Baingan Bharta Recipe
Baingan (Brinjal / Eggplant / Aubergine) Bharta is a traditional and delicious Indian vegetable which is popular throughout India and especially in rural areas. Baingan bharta is not only easy to make but is also very delicious. Baingan Bharta is so delicious that those who do not like to eat Baingan also like Baingan Bharta. To make delicious bharta, the eggplant is first roasted on a direct flame and then it is cooked with onions, tomatoes and spices. Follow our easy recipe of Baingan ka Bharta and make delicious Baingan ka Bharta easily at your home.
Baingan ka Bharta is a delicious Indian dish made of roasted and mashed brinjals, cooked with aromatic spices and some other ingredients. It is a popular vegetarian dish eaten with roti, paranthas or naan.
To make baingan bharta, brinjal is roasted directly on the fire till its skin gets burnt and the pulp becomes soft. The burnt skin is then peeled off, and the cooked brinjal is mashed to a pulp.
In a wok onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic and spices like cumin, coriander, turmeric, and red chili powder are fried in oil or ghee until fragrant. Mashed brinjal are added to the wok and cooked with spices.
Baingan ka bharta is often garnished with fresh coriander and lemon juice for added freshness. Roasted brinjals give the dish a smoky flavor, along with a mix of spices that makes a rich and flavourful dish.
Baingan ka Bharta is a popular dish from North India and is known for its simplicity and taste. It is loved by both vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike, as its flavor and creamy texture make it a satisfying and nutritious meal option. Overall, baingan ka bharta is a delightful dish that shows the versatility and deliciousness of brinjals.
- Preparation Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 2 Reviews | 38 Likes
baingan bharta Ingredients
|Baingan (Brinjal / Eggplant / Aubergine)
|Onions Finely Chopped
|Tomatoes Finely Chopped
|Chopped Green Chillies
|Red Chilli Powder
|1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste
|1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste
|Kitchen King Masala
|Roasted Cumin Powder
|Chopped Coriander Leaves
|Ghee or Oil
|2 Tablespoon + For Greasing
Direction To Make
- Slit the eggplant (baingan) from each side using a knife (do not cut the eggplant into the pieces), or poke it in several places using a fork, so that the eggplant is completely roasted from the inside.
- Apply ghee or oil well on the eggplant and keep it on a direct flame to roast. Roast the eggplant on medium heat from each side. When the eggplant skin turns black and the skin starts separating from the inner layer, turn it to the other side. Turn off the heat when all the sides are black, flaky and the eggplants become soft.
- Let the roasted eggplant cool for about 10 minutes at room temperature. Remove burnt skin from roasted eggplant. To remove burnt skin completely, wash the roasted eggplant. Mash clean roasted eggplant using spatula.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of ghee in a wok. When the ghee becomes hot, add onion to it and fry it till it becomes light brown while stirring continuously.
- Add crushed ginger, garlic and chopped green chiies and mix well. Fry it for a minute and add chopped tomatoes and salt and fry till the tomatoes become soft.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, chaat masala, garam masala, coriander powder, roasted cumin powder and kitchen king masala and mix well. Fry it for a minute and add mashed eggplant to it and fry for about 10 minutes on medium heat while stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the Baingan Bharta to the serving bowl. Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves. Delicious Baingan Bharta is ready. Enjoy Bharta at your lunch.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 24 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsLeander Fernandes
Delicious baingan bharta
Dahi Ke Kebab | Dahi ke...Dahi ke Kabab also known as Dahi ke Sholey, is a soft and delicious snack popular in North India that you can make for your family or friends on a birthday, kitty party or any special occasion at your...
Soya Keema MatarSoya Keema matar is a healthy and delicious vegetarian keema dish made with soya chunks or soya granules with green peas and some Indian traditional spices. Easy to make delicious but healthy soya can...
Aam PapadAam Papad is a sweet and sour delicious dish and is very popular in India. Delicious taste of aam papad has been included in our memories since childhood, but if it is made at home, it will taste much...
Shahi PaneerShahi Paneer is a delicious, creamy and rich Indian vegetable made from paneer, which is very much popular throughout the India. The word Shahi referred to royal and as the name Shahi Paneer, the dish...
Veg Fried RiceFried rice is a savory dish made from rice in which cooked rice is fried in a pan mixed with a some other other ingredients such as vegetables, eggs, seafood, or meat. Veg fried rice is a popular dish...