Aloo Tikki is a crispy, delicious and popular street food in India made from boiled potatoes and some Indian spices. Indian Aloo Tikki is so crunchy, tasty and delicious because a good amount of aromatic spices are used to make it. Aloo tikki is mostly eaten with curd, tamarind chutney and pudina chutney, these delicious tikkis can also be eaten with spicy chole. Aloo tikkis can be made in two ways, one with stuffing and the other without stuffing. Stuffing tikkis are very popular in North India. Stuffing that is mostly used to make delicious tikkis is chana dal, but some people use green peas. Other than North Indian states, tikkis are made without stuffing. Today we are going to share the recipe of Aloo Tikki with stuffing of Chana dal. You can easily make delicious aloo tikki by following this recipe.
- Preparation Time :
- 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Appetizers and Snack,
|Moong Dal (Skinned ans Split Moong Beans)||1 Cup||Cumin Seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Asafoetida||A Pinch||Grated Ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Green Chillies, Finely Chopped||1||Cashew, Finely Chopped||1/4 Cup|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon||Salt||1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Coriander Leaves, Chopped||1 Tablespoon||Raisin||1 Tablespoon|
|Chaat Masala||1 Teaspoon||Ghee||2 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes||4 Medium||Roasted Cumin Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1/4 Teaspoon As Per Taste||Corn Flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Ghee||1/2 Cup For Shallow fry|
|Fresh Curd||1 Cup||Black Salt||1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Sugar Powder||1 Teaspoon|
For Tikki Masala
|Coriander Masala||2 Teaspoon||Roasted Cumin Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||As Per Taste||Black Salt||As Per Taste|
|Pudina Chutney||As Required||Tamarind Chutney||As Required|
|Ginger Julienne||For Garnish||Green Chillies, Finely Chopped||For Garnish|
|Coriander Leaves, Chopped||For Garnish||Pomegranate Seeds||For Garnish|
- Soak moong dal in a bowl overnight.
- Boil the potatoes, peel and grate them finely.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of ghee in a non-stick pan. When it gets slightly hot, add cumin seeds and fry a little while stirring. When it becomes slightly brown, add asafoetida, grated ginger, green chilli and fry it while stirring continuously.
- When it starts smelling good, add soaked moong dal to it and fry for about 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add chopped cashews to it and mix well. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and mix well. Add 1 - 2 tablespoons water and mix well. Cover the pan with a lid and cook it on medium flame for about 2-3 minutes.
- Open the pan and stir well. Add chopped coriander, raisins and chaat masala and mix well.
- Turn off the gas. Stuffing is ready.
- Take boiled and grated potatoes in a bowl. Add roasted cumin powder, salt, corn flour and mix them well.
- Take a handful of potato mixture and make a ball by pressing them into your fist. Now press it between your palms and lie flat. Put 1 teaspoon moong dal stuffing in the middle and gently fold the potato mixture and cover the stuffing completely.
- Now make a ball again and flat it a little with your palm and give it the shape of a tikki. Dust it with corn flour and keep it aside.
- Make all the raw tikkis in this way.
- Heat 1/2 cup ghee in a flat bottomed non-stick pan on low heat. When it gets slightly hot, keep 3 - 4 tikkis for shallow frying in ghee.
- When the tikkis turn golden brown from one side, flip to fry from the other side. Fry till it turns golden brown from both the sides.
- The tikkis are crispy on the outside but still soft on the inside. So take them out in a plate and press with a flat spoon and then transfer them to ghee on high heat. Fry them again for 1 minute on both sides to become crisp from the inside.
- Do not cook on other wise, the taste will get worse even the tikki will become hard.
- Turn off the gas. Transfer the tikkis to a plate.
- Take yogurt in a bowl and add sugar and black salt and beat it well.
- In another small bowl, add coriander powder, black salt, roasted cumin powder and red chili powder and mix well to make the masala for the tikkis.
- Take 2 tikkis in a plate and add 2-3 spoon whisked curd, tamarind chutney, mint chutney and the prepared masala. Add some curd and chutney again. Garnish with ginger julienne, green chili if you like, chopped coriander and some pomegranate seeds.
- The delicious tikki is ready to eat. Eat and enjoy delicious tikki.
To get the video for the recipe: click here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it is does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and...
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Eggless is a...
Paneer Cutletpaneer cutlets are the amazing combination of easiest, delicious and healthy snacks. Paneer cutlets are so delicious that everyone likes it, including children, adults and old people. Paneer is an of...
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy is...
Mushroom ManchurianMushroom Manchurian is a delicious dish that can be served appetizers. It is so delicious that no one denies the taste of mushroom Manchurian. Mushroom Manchurian is not only delicious, but also The D...