Aloo Paratha is a shallow fried Indian bread filled with boiled potatoes and very delicious and very popular all over India. Though it is a famous Punjabi dish, it is famous all over India and everybody likes its taste. Punjabi dish Aloo Paratha can be easily made at home with ingredients that are available in every kitchen in India. By following our detailed recipe, you can easily make delicious Aloo Paratha at your home.
- Preparation Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
|Wheat Flour||1 1/4 Cup + For Dusting||Potatoes||2 Medium|
|Onion, Finely Chopped||1 Medium||Chaat Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Green Chillies, Finely Chopped||2||Garam Masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilli Powder||1/4 Teaspoon or As Per Taste||Dry Ginger Powder (Saunth Powder)||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ghee Or Oil||As Required||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon Or As Per Taste|
|Coriander Leaves, Finely Chopped||4 Tablespoon||Rosted Cumin Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
- Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker for 3 - 4 whistles, first whistle on high heat and then on medium heat. Turn off the gas and allow the cooker to release all the pressure automatically.
- While the potato is boiling knead the dough with 1 1/4 cup of wheat flour. You can find a detailed recipe for making dough here.
- When all the pressure is released from the cooker, open the cooker and take out the potatoes from it and discard the water. Peel and cut the potatoes roughly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee or oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat. When the ghee gets hot, add chopped onion and fry the onion till it becomes translucent, stirring continuously.
- Add boiled and chopped potatoes and fry on a medium flame while stirring continuously for about 2 minutes.
- Add chopped green chillies, chaat masala, red chili powder, salt, dry ginger powder (sonth powder), garam masala, roasted cumin powder and chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Turn off the gas.
- Mash the potato mixture thoroughly using a potato masher, making sure there are no potato pieces in the mixture.
- Potato stuffing is ready. Divide the potato onion stuffing into 8 equal portions.
- Place a tawa (griddle) on the gas on medium heat for heating.
- Take the dough and knead it again and divide it into 8 equal parts and make small balls from each of them with both your hands.
- Take about 1/2 cup dry flour in a bowl for dusting. Take a ball of dough and coat it with dry flour and place it on a rolling board and roll it using a rolling pin and make a circle of about 4 - 5 inches. Place a portion of the potato stuffing in the center and wrap it to cover the stuffing completely.
- Seal the edges by pressing betwwen your fingers and make a ball shape again. Coat it with dry flour and place it again in the center of the rolling board and roll it again to form a circle of about 6 - 7 inches like roti.
- Whether the tawa is hot or not, pour a pinch of dry flour over it. If the flour turns brown in the tawa, it is hot.
- Place the raw aloo paratha on top of the hot tawa and cook on medium heat.
- When small bubbles appear on the surface of the paratha, flip it to cook from the other side. Spread 1/2 teaspoon of ghee or oil on the sides and shallows fry for about 20 - 30 seconds.
- Flip again using a spatula and spread another 1/2 teaspoon of ghee or oil on the sides and cook it by pressing with spatula on a medium flame for about 20 - 30 seconds.
- Flip again and cook with press it every 20 - 30 seconds until the paratha is well cooked and golden brown spots appear on both sides.
- Aloo Paratha is ready. Transfer the paratha to a plate, serve hot aloo paratha with butter or curd.
- Similarly, make the remaining parathas.
To view the video recipe Click Here
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it is does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and...
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Eggless is a...
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy is...
Paneer Cutletpaneer cutlets are the amazing combination of easiest, delicious and healthy snacks. Paneer cutlets are so delicious that everyone likes it, including children, adults and old people. Paneer is an of...
Mushroom ManchurianMushroom Manchurian is a delicious dish that can be served appetizers. It is so delicious that no one denies the taste of mushroom Manchurian. Mushroom Manchurian is not only delicious, but also The D...