Aam Papad is a sweet and sour delicious dish and is very popular in India. Delicious taste of aam papad has been included in our memories since childhood, but if aam papad is made at home, it will taste much better than it was eaten in your childhood. Only the eaters know the taste of sweet, sour and spicy aam papad. Aam papad can be easily made at home, just needs a little cooking, and dry in the sunshine for 2 - 3 days. Aam Papad can be made from any type of mango, even mango ripe or raw. The amount of sugar is dependent on the mango sourness. You can easily make delicious aam papad at home by following this detailed recipe of aam papad.
- Preparation Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
aam papad Ingredients
Ingredients of aam papad
|Mangoes||1 1/2 KG||Sugar||200 - 250 Grams|
|Green Cardamom Powder||1 Teaspoon||Lemon Juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Ghee or Oil||For Greasing|
- Peel the mangoes and collect the roughly chopped pulp in a bowl.
- Transfer the pulp to a grinder and grind to form a smooth puree without adding water. Ensure that there are no lumps in the puree. You can grind the pulp in 2 - 3 batches.
- Transfer all puree to a non-stick pan. Turn on the gas on high heat. Add sugar and green cardamom to it and mix well. Sugar may be more or less depending on the sourness of the mango.
- Cook it while stirring continuously until it starts boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium otherwise the mango pulp will scattered on your face while boiling.
- Cook for about 25 - 30 minutes until the pulp thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Add lemon juice to it and mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Turn off the gas.
- Take 2 large plates and grease them with ghee or oil.
- Mix the cooked pulp once again and spread it evenly across the plates.
- To avoid dust, cover these plates with a sieve or thin cloth and keep them to dry in the sunshine for 2-3 days. Drying time depends on the thickness of the aam papad.
- If sunshine is not available, you can also dry the aam papad in the fan air inside the room, but it will take longer to dry.
- After the aam papad is dry, remove the corner of the aam papad using a knife and you can easily pull it out with your hand.
- Delicious aam papad is ready. Cut aam papad into pieces as per your choice.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Matar KulchaMatar Kulche or Chole Kulche is a delicious and most popular street food, it is so tasty that everyone in India likes it, especially in North India. It is a perfect combination of matar and kulcha. In...
Chilli Paneer GravySpicy and hot chilli paneer gravy is a delicious and very popular Indo Chinese paneer dish usually served as a main course with fried rice. There are 2 different types of chilli paneer that you can is...
Kadai PaneerKadai Paneer is a delicious mouthwatering curry vegetable made from paneer, capsicum, onions, tomatoes and India's traditional spices, cooked in ghee, one of the most famous curry vegetable in India a...
DhoklaDhokla is a popular delicious Gujarati snack. With this easy video recipe, you can easily make soft and spongy Dhokla at home in 20 minutes. This is a quick dhokla recipe, this recipe does not require...
Suji DhoklaSuji or Rava (semolina) Dhokla is a spongy, soft and delicious suji snack and is easily made at home. Usually served at morning breakfast or evening snacks with pudina chutney. This video recipe you...