How To Make Aam Papad
Aam Papad Recipe
Aam Papad is a sweet and sour delicious dish and is very popular in India. Delicious taste of aam papad has been included in our memories since childhood, but if it is made at home, it will taste much better than it was eaten in your childhood. Only the eaters know the taste of sweet, sour and spicy aam papad. Aam papad can be easily made at home, just needs a little cooking, and dry in the sunshine for 2 - 3 days. Aam Papad can be made from any type of mango, even mango ripe or raw. The amount of sugar is dependent on the mango sourness. You can easily make delicious aam papad at home by following this detailed recipe of aam papad.
- Preparation Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
- 1 Review | 1 Like
aam papad Ingredients
Ingredients of aam papad
MyDelicious Recipes-Aam Papad
|Mangoes||1 1/2 KG||Sugar||200 - 250 Grams|
|Green Cardamom Powder||1 Teaspoon||Lemon Juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Ghee or Oil||For Greasing|
Direction To Make
- Peel the mangoes and collect the roughly chopped pulp in a bowl.
- Transfer the pulp to a grinder and grind to form a smooth puree without adding water. Ensure that there are no lumps in the puree. You can grind the pulp in 2 - 3 batches.
Cooking Mango Pulp
- Transfer all puree to a non-stick pan. Turn on the gas on high heat. Add sugar and green cardamom to it and mix well. Sugar may be more or less depending on the sourness of the mango.
- Cook it while stirring continuously until it starts boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium otherwise the mango pulp will scattered on your face while boiling.
- Cook for about 25 - 30 minutes until the pulp thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Add lemon juice to it and mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Turn off the gas.
Drying Mango Pulp Under Sunshine
- Take 2 large plates and grease them with ghee or oil.
- Mix the cooked pulp once again and spread it evenly across the plates.
- To avoid dust, cover these plates with a sieve or with a thin cloth and keep them to dry in the sunshine for 2-3 days. Drying time depends on the thickness of the mango pulp.
- If sunshine is not available, you can also dry the aam papad in the fan air inside the room, but it will take longer to dry.
- After the aam papad is dry, remove the corner of the aam papad using a knife and you can easily pull it out with your hand.
- Delicious aam papad is ready. Cut it into pieces as per your choice.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious aam papad
Plum JamIf you like eating plum fruit and fruit jam then you will love this delicious sweet and sour plum jam, especially when you have made this delicious jam at home. Homemade jam is very easy to make jam a...
Baingan BhartaBaingan (Eggplant / Brinjal / Aubergine) Bharta is an delicious and traditional Indian vegetable which is very much popular throughout India with some different style and ingredient and is very famous...
Veg Seekh KababSeekh kebabs are a delicious dish but famous as a non-veg dish made from minced meat (mutton or chicken) and cooked in a barbecue, tandoor or oven. Vegetarian kebabs made with different varieties and...
Red Sauce PastaRed Sauce Pasta - Delicious and healthy kids-loving pasta that can be easily made after school snacks or at dinner. Red sauce pasta is a delicious dish made from pasta, tomatoes, onions, garlic and It...
Sweet Corn SoupA thick sweet corn soup created with corn cream, fresh corn kernels and little bit of cabbage and carrot to add more flavor. White chilli powder complements the corn's delicious sweetness. This Sweet...