How To Make Aam Panna
Aam Panna or Mango Panna Recipe
Aam Panna or Mango Panna is a cooling refresher of summer drinks in India made from unripe green mangoes. This cool refreshing and traditional drink is quite popular in the summer season when fresh green mangoes are at their peak in most parts of India. Aam panna is sweet and sour with flavors of roasted cumin, black salt and cardamom where roasted cumin and black salt not only add flavor to the drink but also helps in digestion. This vegetarian drink Aam Panna is made almost everywhere in India but the recipe and taste of each region is slightly different from the other. The recipe of Aam Panna also varies from person to person.
This refreshing drink is known by different names in different regions such as Aam Panna or Kairi Panna in North India, in West Bengal it is known as Aam Pora Shorbot and Aam Jhora in Madhya Pradesh. There are many health benefits of Aam Panna. Since green mangoes have heat-resistant properties, the drink protects your body from heatstroke in summer seasson. The drink also improves your digestion which keeps stomach related problems at bay. Green mango is a rich source of vitamin C and iron, both of which are very beneficial for our body. You can make concentrated aam panna and store it for the season and enjoy the drink whenever you want. Follow the recipe of Aam Panna and make Aam Panna at your home and enjoy the drink whenever you want during the summer season.
- Preparation Time :
- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 30 Minutes
- Meal Type :
Drink and Beverages
- 1 Review | 1 Like
aam panna Ingredients
|Raw Green Mangoes||500 Gms||Salt||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Black Salt Powder||1 Teaspoon||Black Pepper Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Roasted Cumin Powder||1 Teaspoon||Red Chilli Powder||1/2 Teaspoon or As Per Taste|
|Sugar||1 Cup||Green Cardamom Powder||1 Teaspoon|
Direction To Make
- peel off the raw mangoes and roughly chop them.
- Take a large pan, add raw mango along-with the seed, 2 liters of water, salt, black salt, roasted cumin powder, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, green cardamom powder and sugar and mix well.
- Boil it on medium heat for about 25 - 30 minute.
- The raw mango pulp will be very soft by this time.
- Let the boiled mango cool to room temperature. When it cools, remove the pulp from the seeds completely and discard the seeds.
- It will also be thick.
- Transfer boiled mango pulp with all the water in a mixture. Grind the boiled raw mango to make a smooth puree.
- Concentrated aam panna is ready. You can store it in the refrigerator in a glass container for a few days.
- Take 3 tablespoons of aam panna in a glass. Add ice as per your choice and fill the glass with water.
- Mix well and enjoy delicious aam panna. You can also add some chopped coriander leaves too.
Some health benefits of Aam Panna
- It is a natural cooling refresher that keeps your body cool and protects your body from heat stroke during the summer season.
- Raw mango is rich in iron and vitamin C, this boosts your body's energy.
- It is good for digestion and helps prevent stomach problems in summer.
To get the video for the recipe: CLICK HERE
To read the recipe in Hindi: CLICK HERE
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0User ReviewsPawan Batra
Delicious aam panna
LemonadeThe scorching heat of the summer season is not pleasant for many people. Nimbu Pani or lemonade is a cold drink that refreshes your body from the scorching heat of summer, lemon is also a good source...
Falsa SharbatPhalsa or Falsa is a delicious, sour and sweet fruit in the shape of blueberries which is available for short duration during summer in North India. In English, Phalsa is known as Gravia Asiatica. is...
Falsa SharbatPhalsa or Falsa is a small size of about blueberry delicious sweet and sour fruit that is available during the summer season in North India. In English, Phalsa is known as Gravia Asiatica. It is an is...
Sweet LassiMithi Lassi or Sweet Lassi, a sweet and creamy cold drink made of fresh curd in Punjabi cuisine, is a popular summer drink in North India. Mithi Lassi usually served as a cold drink after lunch or in...
LemonadeLemonade is a sweet and slightly salty refreshing drink with lemon flavor. There are different recipe found around the world for making lemonade. Traditional or old-fashioned lemonade is very popular...