If you like eating plum fruit and fruit jam then you will love this delicious sweet and sour plum jam, especially when you have made this delicious jam at home. Homemade jam is very easy to make jam at home and is much tastier than the ready-made jam as it has no preservatives to preserve the jam for a long time. Make the most delicious sweet and sour plum jam with ripe plums and enjoy the delicious jam with bread toast or simple bread at your breakfast.
- Preparation Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 45 Minutes
- Meal Type :
|Ripe Plum (Aloo Bukhara)||1 1/2 Kg||Sugar||1 Kg|
- Place a ceramic plate in the freezer that will be used later to check the thickness of the jam.
- Wash and peel the plums, or you boil them in a pressure cooker for 1 whistle, transfer them to a plate and allow them to cool for 5 minutes. Now you can peel them easily, discard the skin.
- Collect the pulp in a deep large pan and discard the seeds.
- Add sugar and heat it on medium heat with continuously stirring for about 5 - 6 minutes or until all sugar dissolves.
- If the plums are not too juicy, add 2 tablespoon of water so that the sugar dissolves completely.
- Continue boiling the mixture over medium heat and using a potato masher, mash the pulp to make a smooth and fine mixture.
- When it starts boiling reduce the heat. Cook the mixture occasionally until it thickens. Turn off the gas.
- To test the jam take ceramic plate from the freezer and pour some jam on it and put the plate in the freezer again for 1 minute. Take the plate out of the freezer again and rotate your finger through the jam, if the finger track is clear that means the jam is ready and if not then cook it for some more time.
- Allow the mixture to cool at room temperature. Store the jam in a glass container to freeze.
- Enjoy delicious sweet and sour plum jam with butter in your breakfast.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Besan Chilla CurryChilla curry or chille ki sabzi is a very tasty curry dish made from spicy gram flour pancake or chilla, this dish is very delicious and much famous in India especially in North India. This curry dish...
Besan Chilla CurryA spicy pancakes or chilla made with gram flour is very famous in India especially in North India and a delicious curry or sabzi made from this chilla is much famous and finger licking curry dish from...
Eggless OmeletteVegetarian omelette or eggless omelette is a delicious omelette and the best alternative of egg omelette. As the eggless omelette is named, it is does not use eggs and made from gram flour (besan) and...
Eggless OmeletteEggless omelette or vegetarian omelette is easy to make and a delicious vegetarian alternative to egg omelette, vegetarian omelette made with gram flour (besan) and refined flour (maida). Eggless is a...
Paneer CutletPaneer cutlet is the perfect snack for evening tea which is the easiest, healthy and tasty snack. Paneer cutlets are not only easy to make, but they are so delicious that no one can refuse to enjoy is...