If you like eating plum fruit and fruit jam then you will love this delicious sweet and sour plum jam, especially when you have made this delicious jam at home. Homemade jam is very easy to make jam at home and is much tastier than the ready-made jam as it has no preservatives to preserve the jam for a long time. Make the most delicious sweet and sour plum jam with ripe plums and enjoy the delicious jam with bread toast or simple bread at your breakfast.
- Preparation Time :
- 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time :
- 45 Minutes
- Meal Type :
plum jam Ingredients
Ingredients of plum jam
|Ripe Plum (Aloo Bukhara)||1 1/2 Kg||Sugar||1 Kg|
- Place a ceramic plate in the freezer that will be used later to check the thickness of the jam.
- Wash and peel the plums, or you boil them in a pressure cooker for 1 whistle, transfer them to a plate and allow them to cool for 5 minutes. Now you can peel them easily, discard the skin.
- Collect the pulp in a deep large pan and discard the seeds.
- Add sugar and heat it on medium heat with continuously stirring for about 5 - 6 minutes or until all sugar dissolves.
- If the plums are not too juicy, add 2 tablespoon of water so that the sugar dissolves completely.
- Continue boiling the mixture over medium heat and using a potato masher, mash the pulp to make a smooth and fine mixture.
- When it starts boiling reduce the heat. Cook the mixture occasionally until it thickens. Turn off the gas.
- To test the jam take ceramic plate from the freezer and pour some jam on it and put the plate in the freezer again for 1 minute. Take the plate out of the freezer again and rotate your finger through the jam, if the finger track is clear that means the jam is ready and if not then cook it for some more time.
- Allow the mixture to cool at room temperature. Store the jam in a glass container to freeze.
- Enjoy delicious sweet and sour plum jam with butter in your breakfast.
- Share Recipe With Your Friend
- 5 : 14 : 03 : 02 : 01 : 0
Matar Paneer PulaoRice is a favorite and staple food for lunch or dinner in many places in India and a variety of delicious dishes of rice are made. Pulao is a delicious and favorite dish made of rice in India. There a...
Chilli Paneer DryHot and Spicy Chili Paneer is a delicious dish from the Indo Chinese cuisine and delightful for all the parties. Chilli Paneer is served either as a starter when it is made as a dry chili Paneer or on...
SambarSambhar is a delicious and popular dish of South India. You can enjoy sambar with many dishes like dosa, idli, rice or vada. Sambar is a so tasty and healthy made of different vegetables, lentils, and...
Suji DhoklaSuji (semolina) Dhokla is a soft, spongy and tasty suji snack and is easy to make at home. It is usually served as a morning breakfast or evening snack with pudina or tamarind chutney. You can make it...
Pudina ChutneyIndians love spicy food so there are many types of chutneys which are spicy and are the most important part of Indian snacks. One of them is mint chutney, the most famous chutney of Indian cuisine. is...